Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

clutch upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch upgrades?

I am looking for any information that can help me on this . the lt 80 has a K&N filter, fmf pipe , wide front end new tires&rims, and the 428 speed conversion. what i would like to do now is some clutch work to squeze as much speed as i can out of this little sucker. does anyone know where i can find a new variator and rollers? im also looking for a kevlar belt. i figure there must be something out there because i just finished working on my hammerhead cart and i upgraded these parts on that. i am also looking for parts for the predator which is stock at the moment. my local dealers are trying to tell my there are no hop-ups available for the polaris which i know is bull because i see them on the web. i am looking for a one stop shop to find these items any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clutch upgrades?

Contact Jack Moore. His username on here is "LT80".

Old 01-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default clutch upgrades?

There is no top speed improvement in the clutchs.You can remove 2 of the rollers and take the rear clutch shoes down to 180 grams each. This will allow for a faster take-off.
Clutchs are tuned to the motor. Raising rpm's from 6500 to 12k is how I get speed. You can gear up some to achieve more speed on a stock motor.
FYI: there is no belt other than stock, well, I hear there is, but no reason to get one. The stock zuki belt will last for ever.

The difference between the Zuki and the polaris is that we mod everything on the LT and buy alot for the polaris. And yes there is a ton of stuff for the polaris. IMO,Your dealer is a dufus.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default clutch upgrades?

what do you mean by mod everthing on the lt80? does anyone sell a cdi to increase revs? i love this little machine but my boys are looking for more speed. they are capable riders so i wanna give it more before they stop riding it. i have to much money into it to just get rid of it. do you know of a web site that i can order parts for the pred 90?

Old 01-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Default clutch upgrades?

Mine have been clocked at 53 mph at the Pine Lake TT track. At Paducha they had to be going 60 easy (long track)..Fast enough? LOL Watch your child go that fast and tell me your butt aint puckered. HAHAHAHA [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Porting is how you increase rpm's.
wrhracing.com for the polaris. Tell Billy I sent you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default clutch upgrades?

do you do the porting? or do you know where i can get it done? is it easy enough where i can do it myself? i just dont want to have to buy a new cylinder because of an in experinced mistake on my part. to get to that speed did you change your gearing?

Old 01-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default clutch upgrades?

jack moore

1(814)922-7470

Old 01-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Default clutch upgrades?

Yes I do porting, no you cannot. It's a specialized thing demanding porting tools,lathe,and mill. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As for gearing, you would use stock gearing with 18/19" tires and get 45 or so out of it.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default clutch upgrades?

whats your price? do i just send you the cylinder? or cylinder and head?

Old 01-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default clutch upgrades?

trust me give him a call.he will let you know what he does and price. you send him the whole motor. minus plastic and starter. he takes apart and does his magic. I will tell you how great it is.I should have my motor back this week from jack. all you hear is praise about jack. and after talking to him on the phone you will know he will take care of you.

Quick Reply: clutch upgrades?