Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

90cc Baja quad electrical problem (Please help me)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90cc Baja quad electrical problem (Please help me)

OK checked it all and still nothing. I am starting to think its the stator magneto. This is what I am getting at the CDI disconnected. blue/white .2v, green/white 11v, but with it connected the blue/white is .2v, green/white .02v, and black/yellow .02v. I dont even know what that means. Anyone?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No spark at plug:

Faulty spark plug

Poorly connected, broken or shorted wire
Between A.C. generator and CDI unit
Between CDI unit and ignition coil
Between CDI unit and ignition switch
Between ignition coil and spark plug

Faulty ignition switch
Faulty ignition coil
Faulty CDI unit
Faulty A.C. generator

I would have to say a bad CDI or Stator.

Run a search on goggle for Chinese ATV parts. I've seen the Stators run from $25.00 on up and CDI's for $12.00 on up.

Good Luck

Old 02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

OK I also think its the stator now. I pulled the connector from the stator and when I checked all the wires I got nothing above like .20v or so. Does the stator need a ground to make power? What do you guys think? i just dont want to rush out and buy a $40 part to find out mine was fine. Also does anyone know if this stator will work for me. I know it says 110cc but I have found that most parts will change between the two http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...rdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

This is what my stator looks like now minus the ground wire
http://cgi.ebay.com/MINI-ATV-Q...em?_trksid=p1638.m122

Thanks for the help everyone.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

well I got a new magneto and what do you know. Still nothing. I cant believe it. So i have checked all the wiring, changed the CDI and the magneto and still nothing. What else is there? When you buy new CDI's do they normally come in a box or anything? Mine didnt and im starting to think that maybe it was bad. This magneto puts out about the same voltage that my other ones did. Can anyone please please check your CDI and tell me what voltage you guys have on the wires and which ones are grounded. That would be so helpful b/c then atleast I have somewhere to start. Thanks again for all the help. I really hope I can get these otherwise Im gonna have lots of 90cc atv parts up for sale.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Your going to have to check if there is any singal coming from the pluse generator. I see if I have time to check my honda sevice manual later tonight. Did you check of continuity on the stator windings and what not?? There should be no open circuits.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

Ya the stator and pulse generator I am sure are all good. This is the third one. I think my meter sucks b/c it just jumps all over the place. It is a cheapy radio shack one. I really need to buy a better one. I know that there are no open circuits. I went to Pep boys today and took some pics of all the connectors so im going to look over all mine again and hopefully i find something stupid that I missed before. I know now that it is probably going to be something really stupid.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:28 AM
Trailblazer

Alright I actually got it working. Not sure what it was exactly but I got it. I redid all the wiring lucky me it worked. It runs now but only with the choke on and i cant rev it. I cleaned out the carb and Im just guessing i need to adjust the carb some more. I see there is another screw next to the air/fuel screw do you know what it is? Thanks for all the help. I think im gonna take some pics of the connectors incase anyone has a problem like mine.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

Typically you have to have your meter set on AC voltage when reading the singal from the Pulse Generator. At least in other aplications you do. Sorry I never had time dig out my service manual. Sounds like though it was a bad connection some place!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

OK well I decided to part out my other 90cc baja atv. Anybody that needs parts let me know. I dont have CDI or bodywork unfortunately. Everything else is up for sale. Let me know
Josh

Old 10-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 90cc Baja quad electrical problem (Please help me)"></title><script src=

im having the same problem with my sons baja 90cc. the stator has 2 blts that hold the coils in the center,one was stripped could this be a reason no spark because of grounding through that bolt? i have tried new coil not cdi yet.

Quick Reply: 90cc Baja quad electrical problem (Please help me)