Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

HI Bird and BMX feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HI Bird and BMX feedback

we purchased 2 hi birds from anamcycles 4 weeks ago, when i set them up i lockwire the most common problematic bolts and nuts, which include all exhaust fasteners, this pretty much eliminates all concerns of loosing any bolts or nut while riding. we brought these QH110ST as replacements for the 2 110 sunl's mini quads for our 9-10 year old grandkids. on the second day one of our grandkids burned his clutch up hill climbing, his fault wrong gear, not blaming hi bird. so i tried to call anamcycles parts and warranty, they would never answer the phone but the bad thing is every time you call a recorder would pick up to tranfer the call but the department would never answer meaning it cost me a long distance phone call, next i started e-mailing them, all i wanted was 3 new clutch plates, after about the 3rd e-mail i started to get reather nasty and then a customer service rep finally retuned my e-mail, we exchanged e-mails for 4 days and finally he told me to send him the whole clutch assy and they would replace it. so i did, i shipped it by ups, after about week i knew anamcycles received the clutch i started to e-mail them again (same customer service rep) asking where my new clutch is and why haven't thet sent it out. this went on for about a week, never received a reply, so i sent a e-mail to another department, told them i was really getting pissed now, after i sent that e-mail about 2 hours later i received an e-mail back from another customer service rep apolozing and said it will be sent out today by ups 2nd day . this was last thrusday 4/17/08. i checked ups tracking it's supposed to be delivered tuesday 4/22/08. to bad they don't have better customer service beause we really like the quads even tho we had a couple of problems with both.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a hibird 250 also and it don't have much power in fourth gear either. I have felt the rear disc and it isn't hot any other suggestions? The exhaust is really restrictive do you think a new muffler would work or maybe cut out the baffles? Any ideas are greatly appreciated

Old 06-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am trying to figure out how to ask a question on this thing. I have a hibird 250 and it is gutless in fourth also. The brake stays cool to the touch so I don't think it is dragging. What about the exhaust it seem restrictive any aftermarket exhaust or could I cut out the baffles? Thanks for any ideas

Old 06-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi quiet bird,

Adjusting the carb pin makes a huge difference (you have to go up or down a notch depending on weather. All - I gave up on my hi birds and sold them both. They sold quick, but took a good loss. I might invest in a used jap quad.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info sammy. I will give that a try. Now after I said my brakes were not dragging guess what they are dragging. Any suggestions. My bird is an 2007 and some tips on here dont sound right???

Old 09-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HI Bird and BMX feedback"></title><script src=

I gave up on my HIBIRDS, they give me too much trouble. more wrenching than fun. I sold and bought a raptor 660 the difference in ride and quality is amazing and I did not pay much more. It is a blast