Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Low/no Resale on Chinese Quads

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low/no Resale on Chinese Quads

Yeah, I would buy another Chinese quad for a kid any day. I have two 06 chinese quads. One is a 70cc Loncin for my 9 year old daughter. She absolutely loves it. The only problem is that the top speed is way too fast for her (like 35 mph). One time I decided to go crazy riding that tiny quad and it really was so fun. I was so top heavy on it and rolled it going top speed. It rolled hard, and I couldn't believe it started right up after that. lol. Oh yeah, the starter actually died on that thing later on, but I got another one from the dealer for $22 so no big deal.

I've also got an Easy 150 Chinese quad with the GY6 engine (same manufacturer that makes the Gio quads). I like that one too, it's solid. That's the one I drive and it has nice low end grunt for such a little engine. It's perfect for doing donuts and stuff like that. I didn't locktite all the bolts at first and the muffler ended up shaking loose and then cracking on the frame. That's the only problem I've had so far in almost two years. So, yeah, I'm impressed for what I paid for the thing. Of course, I wanna get a japanese quad very soon, but this was great to get started.

The newer chinese quads seem to be getting of better quality too. So, yeah, I have no regrets buying these chinese quads.

OffRoadNoob

Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My daughter loves her Powermax 150 GY6 auto with reverse.............I have no regrets for buying it...................This will tell me later on down the road if she is intrested enough for maybe a Polaris!!!.................Caper........

Old 03-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Glad to see that there are people on here who own Chinese Quads. We ride Hondas....but we just bought 4 chinese quads ( one for each of our kids, ages 15, 12, 6 and 4): 2 are 110cc GIO hummers and the other 2 are a 50cc with a Loncin engine and another 50cc Gio..So far, few problems...one little bike had to have a coil replaced....the plug was burning out after a couple of trips around the house and wouldn't stay running, then wouldn't start at all...hopefully, we won't have any major problems. Can't wait to get on the trails once it warms up a little!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought 3 - 110cc 4 wheelers for my 3 kids for Christmas. 2 were Tao-Tao & the other was a Power Sport 3 speed with reverse & i paid a little under 1800 with 3 helmets. There was no way i could have afforded to buy 3 new bikes from the big name manufacturers. With the boys being 3 & 5 & my daughter being 9 they will probably out grow these 4 wheelers before they out grow them. The boys will move up to the next bigger 4 wheeler as they grow & my daughter will get a new when that happens.

We probably have over 100 hours on the 2 smaller size bikes & 75 hours on my daughters bike. So far the only problem is 1 weak battery & something got jammed in my sons rear brakes & broke the pads.

Yea i would buy another MIC as a matter of fact i may be buying my wife 1 when the taxes come back.............................................. ...........DF1

Old 03-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

I agree. We own a honda 350 that we ride and plan to get a 420 in June, but to be able to afford for everyone in our family to ride, the MIC was the way to go. We got 4 bikes: 2 110cc and 2 50cc for under $2000. You can't go wrong, and when the big girls outgrow theirs, my younger daughter and son will "inherit" them, and the older girls will be out on their own. Works for me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well I still can't argue about the quality factor that is one issue that is a no win ALWAYS. I do own MIC machines. To be totally honest I have never had more fun with anything in my life. I am in a BA250 that I put a lifan LF water cooled motor in FANTASTIC!!!!! I am in it 1900........I got my 11 yrs old a blaster for his birthday I was never so disappointed with anything more than that POS ever in my life so I round filed the POS motor and put in a national motor corp 150cc 4 stroke MIC motor with a new pipe and a PD30 MIC carb and my son is so much happier it is amazing total on the " DOWN GRADE " 385 after the rebate of selling that garbage 200cc Yamaha motor and pipe and electrical sys and carb and swing arm. I also have a joyner ( MIC ) 250 buggy what a hoot that thing is and a 150 reaction that i have had to replace the gear box cause the cable broke when I was going 40 mph OUCH that was an awful sound, and I have 4 50cc to 150 cc MIC dirt bikes and all perform flawlessly. Oh yah back to the more fun that ever in my life..............Total of all the MIC machines I own 6500.....WHO CARES IF THEY CAN"T GO 100 MPH.........*humph* PERIOD.....PAID IN FULL NO DEBT NO PAYMENTS.....and if they brake I will just fix it if I can or go and buy a new one. But I am a bad example cause I am a service center for Baja motorsports sooooooo..............

Old 03-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

that is cool baja. I bought a hi bird 250 (basically since this is my first chinese quad I was concentrating more on $ than anything else). I have to admit I love it, but I am falling into the power trap in that I want more (who doesn't?). It took me about 4 weeks to get it dialed in just the way I want it (I am a ham a egger mechanic) but I wish I could find some Jets and maybe a pipe that would fit (I loke the looks of alum or stainless instead of the big black monster I have on it). A kid with a polaris 90 beat me the other day (maybe I am a ham and egger driver too) but I'd like to just have more power so I can ride wheelies and ect. I thought it was just my quad but looking at u tube and etc, it looks like other 250s are in about the same power ratio. I can see playing with the carp pin and adjustments does help, but I welcome any suggestions (hopefully simple).

Old 03-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

If it makes you feel any better about being beaten by the Polaris 90, it's a Taiwan import.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

well I never knew what a hi bird was till now. All it is a roketa rtk250.......btw the motor in that is cg200. 63mm bore x 63.7mm stroke. does your machine have the PD or the PD1 Sammy? What I did was put a PD30 a 30 mm carb on mine and 68 pilot jets and a 125 main to start with. As far as the exhaust, you are kinda limited lest you can weld really good and have a bender at your disposal.....you could go to roketas web site and order the exhaust for the ATV-09 i beleive that would be the best fit in that frame, then you can gut the can and move the packing all the way to the front and DON'T JUST CUT THE NOSE OFF YOU WILL LOOSE TOP END and I mean it will be gone!!!!
I just did a top speed on my modded BA250 with a cg200 lifan water cooled and a 13 t front and a 41 tooth rear, flat out pegged 57.4 mph on my GPS..garmin street pilot 330c

Old 04-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone know what kind of quad this is? We're trying to find parts.

Quick Reply: Low/no Resale on Chinese Quads