Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Low/no Resale on Chinese Quads

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low/no Resale on Chinese Quads

I keep hearing that these chinese quads have little to no resale value. When I look in Ebay or Craig's list, all of the used chinese quads are more or about the same price as the new ones. Can I ask where you are looking at (I'd like to buy another one and don't mind buying used if the price is right).

Old 02-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What people ask for and what they receive are 2 different values. Offer half of what they are asking, and watch them jump at it. The overwelming majority of previous chinese owners, wont buy another one. Thats quite a testimony from experienced owners. How many honda owners, would never buy another one?
How many used trx90 are out there? It speaks to how well everyone likes them, whether or not they use them. Most just sit in garages, and hardly get used...but theres never a thought to sell it.
Maybe we should have a poll to find out how many would buy a second chinese quad.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Last july I purchased a 250cc hybird for 1100.00 new.I sold it in September for 1150.
You don't pay much for a chinese atv to begin with how in the world can you loose.You don't have to finance them.
And yes I will buy another.There is a lot of people in the atv world that have no desire to jump hills,climb stepe hills, or race,They just want to trail ride.So to a lot of people who don't take 4 wheeling real seriouse theres no need to spend thousands more.
For example I purchased a brand new 2005 Suzuki boulivard c50t for 7500.00 out the door in 2005. I then purches 2200. worth of mods.I sold it in oct 2007 for 5600.
in showroom condition and only 1400 miles on it.
Resale value is only relative to the purchase price period.The only vehicles that hold there value that I know of are Honda cars,Harley Davidsons.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

I bought one MIC quad then 3 more after.

I do agree the resale "shouldn't" be as good. However so far you can't seem to find any used ones at least locally. After I bougth the first one I too figured I could find a Used one that needed a bit of tinkering on for next to nothing...no luck. Others seem to be able to find deals like this but I haven't. I even went to an auction and they were selling Mic new ones in the crate for too high as far as I was concerned. They were the "old stock" outdated crap to boot and they still brought over a grand a piece.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

New Kids Honda 90 $2500, depreciation driving it out the door $500
New Kids Chinese 110 $600, depreciation having it delivered to your house $200

Kid drives four wheeler into pond...
Four wheeler get stolen...
Your kid decides he doesn't want to ride...

Those that don't like Chinese understand there is a market and a reason for those that buy Chinese. My older kid upgraded to a Honda after learning on a Chinese dirt bike. The cost of owning the Chinese dirt bike while he was learning turned out to be $100 difference between buying it used and selling it used.

I have seen several people try to sell their Chinese quad for more than they can be bought new. I like to point that out to them.

My experience with buying Chinese and Japanese is that I can buy Chinese new for half of what I can buy used Japanese.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have nothing but good things to say about my daughters Powermax 150 auto with reverse!!......I did pay more for it than the going rate here for imports....But I did my homework and this one is built very well!!.............So very happy with it and hopefully this year her thumb will not get tired after about 25 miles!!....LOL.....LOL.........Caper...........

And yes I would buy another one for her..........But this one will do her awhile.........She only 9 !!
The next one will be a Polaris if she still wants to be on the trails with her Mom and Dad!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Out here in Colorado I can't find a used MIC ATV that sells for much less than new. Infact I have seen some folks trying to sell theirs for much more than new.
I have only seen a couple of used ones for sale though.

I have two MIC ATvs for myself, wife and daughter. I would buy another one for sure.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought 2 Kazuma Quads from a local guy (who goes to our church) for less than it cost for a used Japanese one. My Son has a Falcon Deluxe 110 which he loves, and I have a Gator 250 utility Quad full auto so the wife can ride it too. Like a previous poster said, depends on what you want it for. Ours we use for trails and I have a 4 acre little track I made so friends can come over and play. Since we are first time quad owners, it made more sense for us to buy 'cheap' to see if we would even stick with it or not.

Would I buy chinese again? Depends. I know my next quad will be a Rancher, but that's only because I fell in love with this hobby and have friends who also do it. And I can easily sell mine for what I paid for them. My only annoyances have been my own ignorance in storing them and not bleeding the gas dry when winterizing, but I know better now. The plus side is that I've learned a ton about them and what after market improvements to make. It's now a full fledged hobby for me and my son at least.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hondabuster

The overwelming majority of previous chinese owners, wont buy another one. Thats quite a testimony from experienced owners. How many honda owners, would never buy another one?

How many used trx90 are out there? It speaks to how well everyone likes them, whether or not they use them. Most just sit in garages, and hardly get used...but theres never a thought to sell it.

Maybe we should have a poll to find out how many would buy a second chinese quad.

Just my 2 cents.</end quote></div>

Chinese quads do not have a organized dealer support. If you buy a Honda from a dealer it has already been gone through by a tech and and the problems fixed. For $5000.00 they better. How many Honda owners actually work on there own Honda? Of course they would by another Honda. If you have a problem, take it to the dealer.

Chinese units your on your own. If you are mechanically knowledgeable they are a great value. If you are not knowledgeable they could be a boat anchor.

For the poll I would buy another. Five in fact when I am done. The more I am around my units, the more I feel good about my purchases.

Remember 80-90 percent of the jap quads are made with parts from China. You get what you pay for!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have China Parts on My 2006 Polaris 450's.............ECM(PDM).........For one!!!....Caper...........

Quick Reply: Low/no Resale on Chinese Quads