Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Proud owner of 250cc utilitiy Vbike

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud owner of 250cc utilitiy Vbike

Well woke up this morning , and it wasnt raining , gave it a few hours and nothing so went out and unstrapped the Vbike, did some cosmetic repair on the plastics where they werent joined good and the body screws wasnt fitting . Then took it out of the pickup and changed the oil with some good oil checked everything over the left head light was dim again but only wriggled the plug and it came on bright,adjusted the brakes. Had a fuel leak so looked for that and the factory didnt put the hose clamp on the fuel line to the carb. With the oil changed and fuel leak fixed started it up and it fired and ran on less than a quarter turn .I sounds marvelous. Then added a few add on's such as a double gun rack on the front rack, a tank saddle to carry all my nessecaries in . The noticed I didnt check air in the tires . Tire gauge dont work, but thats minor .
With every thing looking good to me decided to give it a try, I am impressed exceptional control. good ride its nice and soft just right without adjusting the shocks. The shifting surprised me nice and smooth but strange for a ATV 1st down, 2 thru 5 up, with 5 reverses . A lever on the side will put it in reverse regardless of what forward gear its in . Came back to the house and got the wife and she got on and up a gravel road we went . Still nice and smooth comfortable too for a 250cc size. Even got it up to 5th and it just purred along, doing what I got it to do. Coming back went down on the hiway right of way and plowed water a foot deep. No problem just geared down to 3rd and kept going .
If the rest of the time owning this less than $2000 2008 machine is as good as the first ride I will be more than thrilled its more than I had expected
I put it on the trailer and a woman had brought her daughter by selling Girl Scout cookies she was looking at it and asked if new I told it was . Then she asked what is it ? A Honda looks just like our Recon. When I told her it was Chinese and less than $2000 she looked at me and frowned as if to say , LIER /
I took pictures of it, but cant figure out how to post them . If someone will tell me how to get them on here I will