Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

WANT GO

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANT GO

MY LITTLE GIRLS DINLI 50 WILL NOT GO ,STARTS RIGHT UP ,BUT WHEN YOU PRESS THE THROTTLE YOU GO NOWHERE .HAVE CLEANED THE CARB.NO HELP.CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO? THANKS

Old 03-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WANT GO

Does it cut off when you apply throttle or will it rev up? Could be bad belt, bad clutch components, stopped up exhaust. Is it 2-stroke or 4-stroke? I've had alot of issues with restictive exhaust on some 2-strokes combined with cheap oil leading to stopped up exhaust. They will start and idle but can't flow enough to allow engine to rev up.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WANT GO

does not cut off when throttle is rev up,it is a 2 stroke we have cleaned the exhaust,don' t know what else to do,thanks for your help.do you know anywhere you can order parts for a 2002 dinli 50 e need the plastic fender.Text

Old 03-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default WANT GO

One question that I would have is will it roll freely when it is not running, then will it roll freely if it running. I am talking about just pushing it. It almost sounds like a froze bearing, stuck brake, or like kpracer mentioned a clutch problem. If in the clutching system, it isn't shifting down properly you may be trying to take off in high gear so to speak. Let us know if you get it figured out. If it's a clutch problem, I can maybe down load some pics if you aren't familiar with the variator or rear clutch. Good luck

Old 03-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default WANT GO

I know you said you cleaned the exhaust but the way the systems baffle is designed you can,t really get in there to clean the carbon deposits. One way to chack just to make sure is to loosen the exhaust from the cylinder and drop it down a little then crank up and see if it will rev up. You wouldn't want to ride like this but it will be OK to test. If it don't help you may as well pull the cluth components and check them. Make sure the rollers aren't flat spotted and the variator surface are not worn (grooved). You can put rear on a stand and run unit with cover off to visually see if belt is working in the clutch components correctly.
You have'nt by chance filled the transmission full of gear oil have you? I have had customers bring units in that don't want to pull correctly that has. It only takes
100cc of gear oil.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default WANT GO

So it does rev up? Just won't move?
Does it have good compression?