Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

200cc Chinese Bashan ATV Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200cc Chinese Bashan ATV Problems

Hi Guys

I am brand new to the ATV world and and I live in the UK. I have just purchased a brand new 200cc ATV the brand name is "Bashan". I'm not sure if you have come across these before??

I have read a few of the posts about the chinese atv's which have been very useful. Although I am experiencing a few problems. Unfortunately the dealer I purchased the quad from is proving to be far from helpfull and to be honest i don't think he knows anything about them.

The ATV was bought to be used mainly on road for the short commute to work and off road at weekends.

The main problem i have is that the rear of the ATV seems to be bouncing/hopping when riding. I got my wife to follow me and she said it looked like the right hand rear wheel/tyre is wobbling and bouncing. I inspected the tyre and indeed the tyre is mis shaped.

I wanted to try and see if this was the cause of the bouncing or if something else had caused the trye to become mishaped, maybe a misaligned axle. Unfortunately because when im riding i can't see the tyre moving, i thought it would be interesting if i could see it for myself. So I thought i would lift the rear of the quad up by the grab handle on the back while my wife lets the clutch out while its in 1st gear. I imagined that the rear wheels would drive smoohly and i could see the wheel wobbling. But the wheels did not drive smoothly they were very jerky. Thinking about it this could have been a lumpy idel, oh i don't know!!

This brings me to the other concern. when i set off in 1st gear, there is a strange grinding sound thats not constant, it sounds like somthing is grinding when the axle is turning. only for less than a quater of a turn. This seems to disapeer when i get going. Not sure if this helps.

The other thing is that it seems to run very well at low revs but when i rev it over half throttle it seems to stall/hesitate and will only pick up revs when i lift of and then apply revs very slowly.. I read the post 2 many toys wrote about adjusting carbs and i will try and do what he recommends. My concern is that i'm not sure what was done when it was built. Obviously I just jumped on and started riding so the gelcoat may have blocked the jets. Will leaving it running for 30mins dissolve this?

I appologise for ranting on about my problems but i'm not sure where else i can look for advise on chinese machines.

Any advise will be greatly appriciated

Thanks you.

Boony

Old 03-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Range Rover

It sounds like you might have a bent axle or the bearings may be bad in the axle carrier. The rear axle on my sons China quad wobbled when new. One day I rode it and broke the axle and had to replace it. When I put the new one on it got rid of the wobble. There is no telling what kind of abuse these machines receive in transport. I would start by trying to get the dealer to replace the rear axle.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi SilveradoSS

Thanks for the reply, I will try and get on to the dealer and get them to have a look at it cos i don't want to be paying for a new axle!

Thanks

Boony

Old 03-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

To much air pressure in the tires can cause a bouncy problem as well....

Old 06-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Helo Boony,

I just bought a Bashan like yours.

I had a problem that some oil came out of my air filter.

I seems that the chinese manufactorer has connected the carter overflow to the air filter. Becourse they minimalised the carter to save costs, the carterpressure can be to high, and oil wil be pushed into your air filter

I brought my quad to Rob Kuijpers racing from Keldonk in Netherland.
He ajusted they overflow 2 go into a seperate small reservoir.
( this is a very cheap ajustment )

My bashan drives mutch better now becourse my air filter in not filled with carteroil anymore.

I think this ajustment might also improve the trottle response of your bashan.
Check your airfilter for carter oil and you will know

Kind regards.

Another Bashan Noob

Old 06-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi guys, i have a bashan BS200s-3 and that is the older model but I'll tell you something it's a lot better than the newer models. I have do over 2000 miles on it and the only thing that went wrong it was the starter motor. And of cause I have change the oil but really I have only spent £70 on it. For me the bashan BS200s-3 is very reliable. And it has a good speed on it of 63mph from when I got it till this very bay. But I am very proud of it.