Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Chinese electric atv/quads

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese electric atv/quads

My 4yr old Grandson has out grown his 12v power wheels Kawsaki atv, his mom want
let him have a gasser yet so Im looking @ 350 watt and 750 watt electric atvs
on the internet. I dont know anyone local that has one or where I could even see
one other that just ordering off the internet and hoping for the best.
Does anyone have or know of anyone that has had one of these electric quads? I
found a review on one walmart sells but they are 12v, the ones on ebay & internet
are 24v and 36v so maybe they would be stronger.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I do not have any info on the electric atv but maybe if mom new about the features on the atvs she may reconcider. I have a 2.5 year old on a 110cc atv and he is very safe and loves it.
Ours is a BMX 302-402 mini atv, 14.5 inch tires 33 inch wheel base, 14 inches from top of seat to foot pegs. It has the key fob electric start and kill so at any time up to 100 feet away push the button and stop the atv not by meens of brakes but engine. It also has a tether cord witch can be tied to their arm or leg and if the rider falls off it will kill the engine. The tether can be held by an adult who wishes to walk behind ther new rider watching for something un-safe and just pull the cord. Also the throttle can be limited down to nothing to the point the atv will not move without more throttle. Gaser is a better route also concidering the price is almost the same and the gas one can be ridin by the adult with or without the child! Dual purpose and more fun and not laking power ever. Ours can do some serious damage in the hands of an adult, or be the safest and slowest thing in the hands of my son. It's all about how its adjusted. Never ride with out saftey equipment.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Also consider the weight of the vehicles (gas vs. elect). Concider that an impact at 8mph on a bicycle is potentialy as dangerous as on the atv. At least the atv rider (hopefully) had full protective gear on! Something not usually found on young bicycle riders. I.E; Helmet, gloves, boots, chest protector.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Danger is danger. It's everywhere. More dangerous driving to Walmart with your grandson than it is on gas atv under your close supervision. Truth is every kid's toy no matter what type driven or not provides the means for a child to hurt him/herself and all could potentially be lethal. But so it is everytime we get behind the wheel. People get to bent on blaming something as being dangerous, when just breathing and living in the world we live in is dangerous. Saftey is a choice we make and must be taught to our kid's at a very young age.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Electric is no more safe than gas powered. A quad is a quad. Look for saftey features and light wieght! A quad is a quad. Is a hybrid more safe on the road than your 8 cylinder mustang?.................Nope