Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

VBike or Raceway?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VBike or Raceway?

glong3,
Take a look at this ATV it looks like a lot of bang for your buck and is shaft drive with a place to put the tow ball. The Vbike looks nice but is still chain drive and no place for a tow ball. Click the "additional images" link as they have some good pictures that show some detail.............here's the link..........
http://www.atvdiscounter.com/A...TV-20/ProductInfo.aspx

Old 04-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

slydogrus,I think my last post confused you.The 300cc has a shaft and toe ball adapter.

http://www.vbikeusa.com/index....pid=22&bs=&pz=&scid=47

Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Range Rover

kczukiman,
I didn't see your reference to that Vbike model which does look very well built with lots of features, but as you know a shaft drive with tow ball is hard to find for less than $2k and the one in my above post is $1688 delivered and the Vbike is $2899, so it's a matter of your budget. I personally think the Vbike looks to have a better engine and is a little beefier but it should be for $1200 more, and the ATV discounter model is a 250cc but has lots of features for the $$$...............................Slydog

Old 04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

I cant really say on which place is better, because I have a local dealer.
I will say, however, that for the few months that I have visited this forum, John at Raceway has proven that he can go above his duty to help someone. He has helped people who dont even buy from him. That says alot to me. I am sure that if you called Vbike about an issue from another dealer, theyd probably tell you to go to them. John would help you in whatever way he could. Let alone, all the supporters of Raceway that you can find on these forums that can vouch for his genuine concern of the industry. My next bike purchase will be from John if my local dealer doesnt work out

Old 05-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I should chime in here.
I purchased 2 TaoTao quads from VBike.
The ATA-250D out of the box has a defective tranny. I've got 1st and reverse. I wlll not shift into 2nd 3rd and 4th.
I am probably expecting too much asking for a replacement unit. However tearing into a brand new engine or pullng the engine complete and shipping back to VBike via USPS per their recommendation for this type of problem seems to be a little to far fetched for me. I'm able enough to do all but engine rebuilding. VBike has definately NOT made it right for me. Wished I had gone with raceway based of other posts I've read here. I'd have likely seen a replacement ATV with this type of problem.

The units are decently built I'd likely buy them again but not from vbike.

you can read my other post here.

click me click me!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

It seems either V or Raceway will be able to supply you with parts for years to come unlike a lot of other dealers we hear about on here. So I think it comes down to which ATV these two sells you like the most, and price!
I have bought 4 Jetmotos from Raceway and have not had a hard time getting parts so far! Jets warranty is 6 months not sure what V's is!

Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Range Rover

not even a close call, after reading wildwoody posts and how v-bike is handling a defective transmission, i would never buy a atv from them, i know how raceway would have dealt with this problem, complete replacement of the atv.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:20 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

With all the good reports Vbike had been getting.....im suprized wildwoody seems to be getting the run around.

Certainly wouldnt have happened if he had bought from Raceway.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

For $600 to $700 more for a comparable ATV Raceway should go the extra mile and pick up a defective ATV.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2008, 06:54 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I guess you really do get what you pay for.

I wonder what brand Tim will sell next? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: VBike or Raceway?