Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LTZ 50 Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTZ 50 Lighting

Just wanted to get a post going about lighting up an '06 LTZ 50. I just finished adding lights to my sons quad. It took a while but sure was worth it. I will post pics soon when I can find out how. (I'm new here) If anyone can help me out with that, that would be great, but in the meantime if anyone is interested in doing the same then message me and I will try to set you up. I did it blind with no manual or wiring diagrams. My only other experience was dualsporting a dirt bike. It was relatively easy just a bit time consuming.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default LTZ 50 Lighting

what wattage lights did you install and how many? the stator on that quad isnt meant for much more output than was factory installed? i have seen alot of stators get fried by adding lights without doing the stator upgrade.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LTZ 50 Lighting

I put on two lights I had lying around. I'm pretty sure they are 35W halogen plus a small tail light (maybe 5W). I checked the voltage coming back to the battery and there was still plenty of voltage to charge and run the lights. I am mainly using them in the off chance that my son and I get stuck somwhere until after dark So they shoudn't be on much. They come on with the key and a switch so you can run without during the day.

Any way I can check how the stator is doing while I'm running the lights? I woundn't want to fry it. Also I made separate plug ins for the two lights so I can unplug one if need be. That would half my wattage being used and I'm sure it would still be plenty bright enough.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LTZ 50 Lighting

In case anyone is interested, which it seems nobody is, the lights draw too much from the quad. while having my son drive with the lights on for a while, the quad eventually died. The lights drew too much power from the system and killed the battery. Once turned off the atv started right back up but had to keep the lights off for a while, until the battery gained some power.