Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 50 lots of oil out exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 01:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 50 lots of oil out exhaust

Hello, I've read every "oil out exhaust" topic using the search feature and haven't really found anything helpful.

We've got a kazuma 50 - and it's pretty typical, it's hard to start and it dies a lot. Anyway, it's not very abused at all. After getting it going again this week, It really has a lot of oil spitting out the exhaust. I'm afraid it will catch fire, there is so much oil.

My recent maintenance includes, adjusting the carb, changing the oil, cleaning the air filter etc - just basic stuff.

Any ideas on what is causing the oil in the exhaust? I obviously haven't worked on small engines since I was a kid. (And then I screwed up the lawnmower!)

Thanks, RP

Old 05-31-2008, 02:52 AM
Trailblazer

I would think if there is OIL coming out of the exhaust, it must be getting past the rings. What does the plug look like? I'm really surprised it runs if its coming out that bad. Usually bad rings may cause a bike to smoke as the oil is burned in the combustion chamber. If the plug looks clean and it's not smoking that is very odd.
>this is a dumb question, but I have to ask, did this all start after you changed the oil? maybe you over filled it and the pressure is forcing it past the rings.
>I know with 2 strokes, if you have too much oil in the gas it can get oily on the end of the exhaust, but it smokes a lot also. And even then, it sounds like you have quite a bit coming out if you are worried about fire.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:53 AM
Trailblazer

my sons has the same exact problem. i have narrowed it down to a cracked valve guide. not worth fixing...its just as useful to buy a new quad. i have my fill of the chinese junk and disappointed kids. i really wish all these knckoff imports would just go away forever. i'm headin to my dealer soon to pick up an 08 kfx50, buying quality will solve my problem.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the fast replies...

The plug looks pretty clean. Oil was pouring out the exhaust before the oil change. I am assuming it's rings, but will take it apart and find out what is up... This thing never has run properly. I did just by my older son a new polaris sportsman 90 - ouch on the price! I was hoping to make the kazuma last long enough for my youngest!

Old 05-31-2008, 03:00 AM
Trailblazer

thats what i've been tryin to do too...just get it through the summer...but i cant even ride behind him anymore without being choked out by blue smoke and hot oil droplets.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

I agree with howmon, check your oil level. Too much oil creates high pressure causing it to blow oil severely, usually making it very hard to start if it starts at all.The only other reason you should have oil in the cylinder would be bad rings or maybe they have just twisted their way around where the gaps line up!?

Old 05-31-2008, 03:06 AM
Trailblazer

well, rings would be the easy solution, if its the valve guides, it may be harder to find the parts you need. Not impossible, but thats the main problem with Chinese quads, is getting the right part. Some things can be improvised, but internal engine parts gotta fit.
Good luck with it.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:13 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pldtj5

I agree with howmon, check your oil level. Too much oil creates high pressure causing it to blow oil severely, usually making it very hard to start if it starts at all.The only other reason you should have oil in the cylinder would be bad rings or maybe they have just twisted their way around where the gaps line up!?</end quote></div>

the piston has ring stops to keep this from happening. its really not mechanicaly possible

Old 05-31-2008, 03:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

if you havent already check these guys out&lt; I have ordered some parts for my falcon from them.

http://www.kazumaatvparts.com/SearchResults.asp

Old 05-31-2008, 03:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

or ya could just do what holtzer is doing and spend 3 times as much on a quad your kid will outgrow in a yr or so. I like the chinese quads for the reason that they are cheap enough to fix or replace till the kids get experienced and grow enough to spend thousands on a quad that they will not outgrow.

Quick Reply: Kazuma 50 lots of oil out exhaust