Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Giovanni 110cc wheels question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giovanni 110cc wheels question

Greetings. Got a question about putting the wheels together on the Giovanni Hummer. I got the 2008 model and I am trying to figure out the order of putting the washers together. I watched the video from youtube but it must be an older model. If anyone has the 2008 please let me know. Also if you got the 2008 did you get the tire pressure monitors as the auction/website states? I will try to post pictures of what I got in case noone owns the 2008 here soon. Many thanks in advance.

I am sure there are more questions that will come up soon....
Ok here is the pic and the "officail" assembly video
Gio Wheel
Official Assembly Video
If you look at the video at 1:10 and compare it to my picture it is a different system.
The first item on the tire is a spacer. In the instructions (paper manual) it says to add that spacer. If you look in the centre of the wheel it looks like that spacer is already there. Extra one I guess?
After watching the video again at 110 at night ithink I might have answered my question. In the video at 2:10 they put the back wheel. So it goes... wheel, washer, big washer with "lip" facing outward, other washer, nut and then cotter pin. That sound like a good plan? Let me know.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

TigerBull, I assume you are talking about the front. You need to slide in the wheel first, then the spacer + washer + dustcap retainer + crown nut, lastly the dust cap. Don't try and fit the little spacer onto the inside and do not over-torque ANY of the crown nuts as this is not necessary and you will stress the wheel bearings.
They are not clear as to torque in the video.

Hope this helps

Old 06-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Electromaniac. Yes it is the front one. If I follow that order then I cannot pass the cotter pin (not in the picture) in the hole of the axle (barely seen in the picture). The crown nut sticks out a bit too far. Any other suggestions? Should I maybe get smaller spacers made or get the existing one cut in half(ish)? Here are some pics.

Wheel-Spacer-Washer-Dust Retainer-Crown Nut

Wheel-Spacer-Dust Retainer-Crown Nut

Old 06-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tiger, looks like you have wheel + washer + spacer ... supposed to be wheel + spacer + washer. Also, there should be "extra" washers to get the spacing right although I have never had to modify the front. The rear usually gives me a little problem in that the tubes are not cut square so it will take the axel out of alignment.
There should be an inner spacer between the 2 wheel bearings on each front wheel. The goal is to put a little pressure on this space, but not alot. The "stack-up" of washers outside of that really doesn't matter, so modify if you have to