Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Gas Overflow

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Overflow

I bought a Tornado 200 for my wife & a Hurricane 250 for me from Motorxtremes about a year ago. We have run the hell out of these ATV's with no problems. Both still have the original batteries & start up every time.

I noticed that my wife's 200 has been leaking gas out of the overflow while its running. It seems to still run strong but quite a bit of gas flows out. What causes this, just started doing it this last weekend, & how do I fix it?

Appreciated any help on this matter.

Jerry

Old 07-09-2008, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Overflow

I am not familiar with these quads and what they run for a carb. It is possible that you got a piece of dirt or someting that isn't letting the needle shut the gas off when the float gets to the top position. I would take it apart and pull the float out, the little needle will come with it if it is like a mikuni. Just a good cleaning could solve the problem, but you may also check to make sure the drain screw at the bottom of the bowl didn't losen up on its own as well. Let me know if this works, there is one more step that can be a little hard to explain but we'll give it a shot if the above doesn't work.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Gas Overflow

Thanks for your help. I'll clean out the carb & see what happens. It still runs so good, I think probably some stuff jamming up the float. Thanks again.