Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Vbike

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vbike

I too have a warranty claim, my carburetor still leaks I'm still waiting for my fender and torn seat that was damaged in shipping. Tim received the money from R&L Carriers and holding me hostage for a carburetor that don't work. Tim won't call me back either! Well it's only been 3 months. I have ridden my ATV twice for 10 Minutes or until it stalls! I have less than 5 miles on it. $2000.00 dollars down the tubes! Beware!
Rick

Detroit Michigan

Old 08-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike

What's with the carb, they are not to hard to fix a float problem and a new carb is not necessary usually. Ya gotta cut the hole Chinese atv thing some slack, they are not japan quality, it was shipped directly to you free of charge most likely. Had you spent more money and bought Chinese or Japanese from a dealer you would have spent a lot more. The dealers have to fix things like these all the time upon set up but as a customer you don't see it.
I haven't followed your posts and maybe you have exhausted all possible carb fixes and if so then ya then Vbike needs to step up quick!

Old 08-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike

I am going to call Tim on today on another subject but while I'm talking with him I will ask him about your situation rick17.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike

rick17,I spoke with Tim,He informed me that he sent you a new carb and seat.Also he said that you still havn' tshipped the bad carb back to him.When an item is shipped such as an atv,The bike is insured on your behalf ,so that if there is any damage you may file a claim with the truck service,not the seller.When it leaves the dealers door it is out of his hands except for factory defects.Did you file a claim?Did you inspect the bike befor you signed for it?
As mentioned so many times befor in this forum and many others.We must know a little bit about engines and basic mechanic skills befor we purchase online.

Also just a short note the other gentleman that had a bad engine that posted a few months back,Tim sent him a brand new engin and the guy promised he would send the old engin back,he didn't.Tim got stiffed trying to keep his good reputation.How many dealers do you know that will send an engine to someone befor they receive the bad one?

rick17,please post a picture of your damaged fender.Also if you will please explain exactly what your running issues are and maybe we as in the people of this forum can maybe try to help you get it going.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vbike

I can send you a pictures if you would like to see.

Rick

Old 08-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike

I would.My e-mail address is kczukiman@yahoo.com

Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vbike

I have the carb, still having problems with idle on new one. old carb leaks from the bowl soon as the carb works i will ship back the one i dont need. As for a seat i never recieved one, does he have a tracking number?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vbike

Ok i sent them in three emails

Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vbike

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: outofline

What's with the carb, they are not to hard to fix a float problem and a new carb is not necessary usually. Ya gotta cut the hole Chinese atv thing some slack, they are not japan quality, it was shipped directly to you free of charge most likely. Had you spent more money and bought Chinese or Japanese from a dealer you would have spent a lot more. The dealers have to fix things like these all the time upon set up but as a customer you don't see it.

I haven't followed your posts and maybe you have exhausted all possible carb fixes and if so then ya then Vbike needs to step up quick!</end quote></div>

Outofline: I disagree with cutting slack on quality. My son just bought a V-bike 250 V4S. So far it is a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT! You spend $1200, you expect to get something other than problems. My son's v-bike is 3 wks old, you look at problems below and tell me we should cut slack:

Received bike: Down 2 days because 1/2 the wiring wasn't connected at the factory (oh yea, with the chinese bikes it's not as simple as red to red or gr to gr). After walking thru step by step with Tim we still kept blowing fuses. Finally after looking at all the wires, it had a twin harness that was incorrectly connected at the factory. I took a chance and switched them and it works.

Brakes: front didn't work at all had to rebleed system a couple times.

Bolts: of course every one comes loose, china doesn't believe in using locktight or lock washers.

Cotter pins: more than 1/2 the bolt/nut that required cotter pins did not have the cotter pins in them, again as rec'd from the factory.

Chain tensioner: is a very cheap plastic piece instead of rubber, it broke now waiting on a replacement from Tim.

Gas tank: We are now down for at least a week. Gas tank broke where it was bolted to frame. I can't get a new one sent until Tim receices the old one. Oh yea did I mention it's now down again until we receive the gas tank. By the way when we took the tank off there were 3 small screws and a steel ball inside.

I understand the quality is not as good as the Jap bike but this is ridiculous. Especially having to wait for parts. Tim seems like a good guy, but the product he sells is junk. We'll see how fast he turns around the gas tank and tensioner roller.

Let's see have the bike for 21 days and can't ride for 12 day.

I agree: Beware of V-Bike Quality - so far it sucks!!

Old 08-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ricky17

I have the carb, still having problems with idle on new one. old carb leaks from the bowl soon as the carb works i will ship back the one i dont need. As for a seat i never recieved one, does he have a tracking number?</end quote></div>

Rick I two of your three e-mails and neither picture opens.

Quick Reply: Vbike