Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Best Kids Quad

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008 | 11:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default Best Kids Quad

Yeah its really hard to find places they can ride around here without too much hassle. My 8 yr old is riding the TRX90. He's weighs about 65-70 lbs. He can only ride that at my house or parents farm once hunting season is over. He wants to race in spring thats why we got him the DRR 90. Me and my father assembled the ATV the other night and were really impressed with the quality of it.. I don't know if I can wait 2 months for Christmas to give it to him.. LOL.

AS for the 2003 TRX90 its in great shape and runs great. No broken plastic just some light scratchs from trail riding. Have no issues at all with it. Rear tires are a little worn but are only 60 online shipped for 2 tires. I took off the crap stock handle bars and put on some new ones and some new grips. Totally changed the way the ATV looked. I was going to list it for sale in a couple weeks for $900 obo .

I would keep it for my wife to ride but my garage is full with 6 ATv's. We have the New DRR 90, TRX 90, Eton 70, Kasea 50, Honda 300ex and a Honda 250x chassisthis is going to changes into a go-kart) in the Garage. No room to walk right now let alone try and build anything.

Old 11-03-2008 | 01:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Best Kids Quad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: leema
In the mean time am looking at installing universal chain tensioner on BMX unit to help with constant chain popping off.
</end quote></div>

Might check to make sure your sprockets are inline with each other. I had a problem with the chain always jumping off on a quad we had. I found that the swing arm bushings were shot so I got another set to replace them. When I went to replace them I was taking off the rear axle from the swing arm and found one of the welded nuts had broke free. This would not had been a big problem except that the nut was welded to center the bolt in the drilled hole. This allowed the axle to shift forward on one side which misaligned the sprockets to each other. I think that was more of the problem than the worn bushings. I re-welded the nut and replaced the bushings and have gone 150+ miles without the chain coming off.