Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

07 E Ton viper 90R

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 07 E Ton viper 90R

I have an 07 90 R 4 sroke. The rear brake handle is crap I replaced the rear caliper and pads and spent alot of time trying to bleed the brakes. I have no air coming out just good fluid and the handle is still very low (if it was a brake pedal it would be to the floor) So do I change the master and handle combo or it may be the hose someone told me e-tons were known for the brake hoses to swell inside I dont mind spending the money to do it correct the first time so has anyone come across this before?..Thanks.......Steve

Old 12-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,
I had to replace the rear pads...and after I was done, the brake felt spongy to me. I know that I got all of the air out, and made sure that the resevior was never low. After bleeding it again I was worried, but the tires will lock up when applied...it just seemed that the brake lever was softer now.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Range Rover

The handle is soft and I know I kept the resivoir full at all times. The brakes will not lock up that is what has me concerned. Thanks for the reply.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Not sure what to say. You must be right that maybe the line needs replacing. Keep me posted if you dont mind.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Range Rover

I'm going to order the parts in the moring and I will install them after the snow melts and it warms up but I will let you know.Thanx

Old 12-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you

Old 01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

OK here we go. I replaced the line and master cyl./handle combo bled the crap out of it and the handle is still soft it's better but still soft I may have to bleed it some more. Now for the kicker while running the quad up and down the street to test the rear brakes it starts smoking from the tail pipe. Back into the garage and go to check the oil and what do I get? A big hot oil bath when I removed the dip stick. After checking around I pulled the vent hose from the valve cover and ran it again and it was ok so I traced the vent hose to a valve that sits under the handle bars and another hose from that valve runs into the rubber boot from the carb to the air filter housing. I got the valve out and tried to blow air into both sides and nothing comes out so I assume that the valve is shot since it should work like a PVC vale. So for about $20.00 I can replace the valve and take care of the pressure in the crank case if I can locate one on- line. After that I guess it's back to bleeding the brakes. Sorry about the rant but it's one of those days.....Steve

Old 01-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

brakes are about impossible to bled on some atv because they pump out so little pressure. If you pushed the cailber back in with a c-clamp without touching the bleeder screw it shouldn't have changed a they.if you happened to have got air in through bleeder screw or resorvoir it can be difficult to remove almost impossible you can loosen the bleeder screw and keep fluid in the reservoir and let it drain this can take a while and sometimes it won't drain .They make a pump to suck the fluid through or you can take a clear hose and suck it through just remember brake fluid is poisoness make sure not to get it in your mouth hints clear hose and you have to cover hose with thumb when you take breath to not let air back in

Old 01-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

also if hoses go bad they usauly swell inside and let fluid threw because of the pressure from the master cylinder but not release making the calibers stick and having your brakes locked

Old 01-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Warrior-435
Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: 07 E Ton viper 90R