Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

A dreaded Chinese Quad.......Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A dreaded Chinese Quad.......Help!!!

Hey guys and gals! I introduced myself here on the forum already and I wanna get right to the point so i can get my son back on and riding again right away. I recently purchased a Chinese mini quad from a guy on Craigs list and it sure worked well for a while (like 2 days) but now seems to have a spent cluth or other similar issue. I thought maybe some of you could help me to figure this thing out. I made a quick video to show you all the machine so you can possibly help me figure out what type of machine it is since it has no name accept for on the motor. And also how many cc's it is. The guy told me 110 but i'm not sure. Take a look at this clip and tell me you thoughts. Thanks in advance, Jake YouTube - ‪China quad‬‏

Old 06-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yes, looks like the Loncin 110cc to me. have you adjusted the throttle cable, located on the right hand handlebar or possibly down by the carb, to see if that makes a difference? if the quad does indeed bog down, the carb may need cleaning. now, on the right hand side of the transmission, you'll see a nut in the center located about where your right ankle would be. if i'm not mistaken, that should be the clutch adjustment. Counter clock wise should be less clutch and clock wise should be more. i'll PM you some stuff that could be handy for you to have.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is possible that adjusting (as Jaster94 indicated) may resolve the issue. To adjust, back it off till it spins freely, then bring it in till you feel resistance. Turn it back out about an 1/8-1/4 turn and tighten it down. If no resistance is felt, it is a dummy plug for the case and not truly an adjuster.

You may also want to remove the front sprocket cover from the engine and make sure the shaft is not rotating inside the gear. Seen quite a few this year already with this issue....

To answer one of your points in the video, DO NOT add fluids to the left side engine cover. The oil is shared throughout the engine and transmission. Fill/Check at the dipstick hole. Your slippage problem could also stem from using the incorrect oil (oil must be a wet clutch compatible oil, not motor oil, since the clutch is submerged). #1 cause of clutch failure on the units that have visited our shop.

If you need parts for this unit, you can reference the 110YB supermach. Most all of its components will interchange with your model and we have a pretty full inventory of parts on hand.

Regards