Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

rocketa 250 go cart help''

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rocketa 250 go cart help''

does any one have the circuit diagram?? it wont start the relay clicks like crazy !!!!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Pablo,

I missed your post somehow. I only discovered it today. Sorry about that ...

I've not seen a wiring diagram for a roketa 250cc go cart. But here is a link to a 250cc roketa atv:

Roketa Atv 250 Wiring Diagram - Wd-rok250 - Chinese Atv Wiring Diagrams - Electrical Parts - Wiring

I have no idea if they are similar or not.

Usually a clicking starter relay (solenoid) indicates a dead battery. I would try jumping the kart battery to you car with jumper cables and then see if you can crank the starter motor.

Here is what is going on: When you turn on the ignition switch with a nearly dead battery, and push the start button there is enough current output from the battery to close the starter solenoid (making a click sound) which hooks the battery directly to the starter motor. But starter motors draw a *lot* of current. The battery can't deliver, the voltage collapses, and the the starter solenoid no longer has enough voltage to keep the solenoid closed. The starter gets disconnected from the battery, and the battery now recovers (since the heavy load is removed). Now the process starts over - the battery tells the solenoid to close (making another click sound), the starter load collapses the battery voltage, the solenoid opens, and on it goes.... This happens so rapidly that the solenoid makes a rapid clicking noise (or even a buzzing noise).

Another possibility: You have a bad connection at the battery terminals, at the solenoid screw posts, or in the fat heavy ground wire return wire from the starter frame to the battery. Buzz the starter solenoid for a bit and then quickly feel all the connections in the above areas for a hot joint. If you find a connection that is getting hot you have found your problem connection...

Old 08-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocketa

the battery was ok try to jump start but nothing the starter does work but still dont have electricity to spark pluge ,also tryed to start from solenoid that didnt work could it be a short in one of the lights? making the relay make all the click???

Old 08-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

But now I'm confused... You said:

the battery was ok try to jump start but nothing the starter does work
If you got "nothing" when trying to jump start how do you know the starter works? This does not follow. I need more information. Don't hold back. Tell me everything ...

You also said:

but still dont have electricity to spark pluge
How do you know that you have no electricity to your plug? What procedure did you use? This is important. I need to see if the method and thinking you are using is correct. I can help your through this, but I need to know exactly what you are doing first.

Since I don't know anything about 250cc roketa go carts I want to make sure that the clicking is coming from the starter solenoid. Question: Is the clicking coming from from the starter solenoid, or from some other relay? Follow the fat red wire from the battery positive terminal to the starter solenoid screw post. Is that what is clicking?

Take a meter and set it to measure DC volts on the 20 volt scale. Place the leads rigth on the battery terminals. Red on the battery positive post, and black on the negative post. While trying to start the quad (and the relay is rapidly clicking), what voltage do you measure?