Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

lt 80?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt 80?

I am hoping this is the right place. I noticed lt80 to be pretty knowledgeable. I just bought an lt 80 they claim to have the 105 big bore kit and an oversize carb. They did not know much of the details. BUt it appeared they had homemade a plate to hold the carb to the engine. There are no bolts on the carb. They have taped around the end of the carb and crammed it in to the make shift bracket. IS there a replacement piece to correctly mount this? Also it supposedly was running 2 days prior but the kid washed it and said ti wouldnt start afterwards. I bought it for what i thought was a steal 250$. i tried the white and black relays under the seat and they both worked on our other lt80. We put a jumper to bike still just the normal clicking. We pulled the starter and took the bottom cover off and it seemed to be slightly stiff or stuck but broke loose we then directly connected power to the starter it than engaged but only a couple times and than quit again. We turned again by hand and the same results worked a couple times and quit. Can you say with confidence i am probably in need of a starter? or any other ideas?

Old 07-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The mount your carb is in, is the correct mount.
I think you need a starter.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks alot i ordered a new starteer hope thats all i need. Is there something else i need i wouldnt think tape to hold the carb in there snug would be the correct way to go especially since i am planning to take the kids to Waynoka.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

I've been to Lil Sahara. A good time!
I was over rooting around in the grass/tree's. I didn't know there was rattlers there. Glad I didn't happen onto one.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

no kidding! that will ruin a trip in a hurry, but any suggestions on a better hook up for my carb? they just wrapped electrical tape around the end and crammed it in the whole. u get to rough on it and its just gunna fall out lol.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

Oh geez....
Yours has already fell out.
I have tried JBweld and other adhesives and such with no success. I even tried drill/tapping/bolting the carb onto that adapter.
I'd ditch that pos and look for a stock carb and airbox.
Try JBweld. Maybe you will have some luck.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all your help. . Starter and battery did the trick to get going. I have a few more questions though. I got this thing running just not well i have to floor it in order to get it to start but than runs good but will die after a couple mins idling do you think the carb just needs cleaned or rebuilt? Also there is the tube coming from the crank case used to go to the air box any suggestions for plugging this or covering doesnt seem like a good idea to leave open.

Thanks

Old 08-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

The carb deff needs cleaned. I think it's flooding the motor.
I've seen some put a filter on the clutch air intake.