Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

China 110cc improving ride?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 09:45 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DWK82
First ride and the oil sight glass came out ,I found it and can I just put it back in? Why would this come out?
Not uncommon for this to happen whether in a Chinese machine or any other. If it's not damaged you can reuse,but you might look at some of the replacements on ebay. Clean the area up and I'd use some red locktite around the rubber seal and let it dry before you add oil.This should help keep it from coming out again. Look at this video plus check replacement sight glasses on ebay.
Oil Level Sight Glass Window for 110cc ATV Bike Horizontal Engine Taotao | eBay

Old 08-11-2016, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have purchased (2) coolster 110c 3050c kids quads. The quads haul 200# people easily, even up hills. Adjusting throttle stop does limit top speed but is hard on clutch if adjusted down too much. Ride quality is awful as received from vendor. Modified suspension rides great, even with 60# child on it. This kid quad is a blast to ride for kids and adults. Out of the box Upon inspection, found front A arms not rotating on pivot properly. 1st mod: Reamed Plastic bushing to proper size. No change in ride. 2nd mod: Changed top front shock mount to increase shock angle. Minimal change in ride. 3rd mod: stock top shock location and changed front a arm shock bottom mount location approx. 1.75" toward center of frame. WOW!!! now front suspension works! FYI; softer front shocks are not available. Lesson learned: Only change bottom a arm shock location towards center as close as possible without shock spring hitting anything. REAR suspension: same basic changes. be sure to keep shock in same rear suspension droop when installing new rear shock mount. Suspension now actually travels, chain must be adjusted by traveling rear suspension and make sure chain has some slack in it thru all its travel. chain tensioner may have to be added.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

yes moving the shock mounts in will make things ride better is now yo are putting more torque on the suspension. But they do make softer shocks for these things. Polaris socks are supper soft, as well as a few of the other name brand machines. Also snowmobile shocks work well in these things from what i have read. Just dooing some quick searching off ebay you can find a shock of a brand name machine with a progressive rate spring for not much more than the cheap knock off.. Im going to be ordering one for the rear of the new 125

Old 08-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a common issue for all the mini's...they are sprung way to stiff and finding a decent replacement at a reasonable cost is tougher still...

Zrock is correct in stating that changing the shock angle will effectively increase the leverage ratio...best bet but takes some tinkering.

Another option is to change the springs...just be mindful of the lbs/sq. inch or at least know the spring thickness to help as a guide.

We all wish the OEM shocks were more flexible...

Old 08-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Off Road Builderaholic

Granddaddy, what are you doing riding Cassie's four wheeler
Oh man I know how that goes
One Saturday afternoon we were all riding mini quads around here while having a yard sale. We taught my mother in law how to ride the 110CC Tao tao. She went down the street a little bit, usually we all turn around there and come right back. 10 minutes later we are all wondering where did she go? I figured she was getting familiar with the machine so when she came back we would all be impressed. Well I was partially correct.....She went out to the main road because she "wanted to check on our yard sale signs" (make sure its still up from rain).
NOT SMART! 65 year old woman on a 110cc china quad on the main road wearing a fur coat and no protective gear...... and guess who drives past..... STATE PATROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
State patrol pulls over to flip a U turn...Grandma pegs the throttle for home
SO Grandma after being gone for 15 minutes, comes flying up the driveway, powerslides, all the way around the back and ditches the quad. All the kids are like HOORAY! WOW Grandma really learned how to ride!!

NO actually she ditched the cops!!!!!
WOW we can only imagine what the cop was thinking, I kinda wish he would of found her, just to see his reaction when he found out shes 65 and not some teenager on a tiny quad.
I have not laughed that hard in years...
I will never let her live that down and I will never forget the sight of her face doing 40 up the driveway while we all cheered!!

The following users liked this post:
BlakkMajikk (06-26-2022)
Old 08-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

LOL...that's a great story!!!

Old 08-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer

I like to see the dash cam video!!!!

Old 08-13-2016, 08:02 AM
Off Road Builderaholic

I know! Nobody had their camera's out dangit
I even have a wilderness cam out front I checked didn't get any good footage.
I would have done just about anything to be in the car w that state patrol officer

Old 08-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default China shocks

Try's to find 5mm front shock springs. Online they are in website but unfortunately not available. Quick relocate of bottom mount cost next to nothing and works impressively with existing coolster 3050c front shocks. Shocks are only spring carriers with no provision for dampening. Did same to rear due to unavailability of softer shocks. Not a perfect ride but very impressive. Front bushings shouldn't get beat out now that suspension moves.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Wiring nightmares please help

I just rewired my 110cc Chinese ATV I put the new wiring harness in and I have no spark any ideas I'm pretty sure I plugged everything in right there's no safety things on it they were all missing and I got five wires coming out of the back of the engine by the chain sprocket that I have no idea what they are any help would be grateful and appreciate it thank you

Quick Reply: China 110cc improving ride?