Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Panther 110 no start

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New cdi and no change. Where to next?

Old 09-19-2017, 02:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

For some reason those pictures didn't come up yesterday. I was calling things by a different name, what I called the exciter coil, feeds the AC power pin, does the wire to it produce AC voltage when engine is spun on starter, (meter between that wire and earth)? If it does, did you check for voltage spikes at the ignition coil when engine is spun over? Are you sure your new CDI is supposed to be wired earth to kill?

Old 10-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I've been out of town for a couple of weeks now. Like I said above no ac voltage from the AC ignition power when cdi connected and 57 vac with out the cdi connected, continuity from earth to ignition coil when not cranking and some resistance, 200 ohm, when cranking it also has 0 vdc when the ignition coil is hooked up and 12 vdc when the ignition coil is disconnected, and timing trigger has .02 vac when cranked. cranked cranked from all of this that my ignition coil is internally grounded.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Ignition coils are internally grounded, the outside of the plug has to make contact with the HT circuit, through the coil's negative side. 0.02v from the trigger seems a little low but a voltage is a voltage. I think you are now down to the substitution method, I go plug, then coil, then CDI, then stator/trigger, as this is usually cheapest and easiest to do, first.