Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton Viper rxl 50m

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 03:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Having no remote could be your problem, as this works an extra kill wire. You could remove the kill wire from the CDI and see if this helps, if the system is AC.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure which wire is the kill wire but removed the only wire that goes from the remote to the CDI
still don't have any spark

Old 12-19-2018, 02:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I'm out of ideas. All I can suggest is double checking those things in the tests that I linked to in my first post.

Old 12-19-2018, 03:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am also out of ideas so I ordered new stator. Any good hints of how to remove the flywheel?
Some of the literature show a special tool but I haven't where to purchase one and really don't want to purchase one for use only one time.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have new installed a new spark plug, new coil and plug wire, new spark plug, new ignition switch and a new stator and still have no spark. I think the only thing left maybe the remote. I don't have the remote
You mentioned removing the kill wire from the CDI but I'm not sure which wire is the kill wire?

Old 12-22-2018, 06:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Kill wires are usually black/white. It will be the only one going from CDI to kill switches and ignition switch if the set up is AC. There are some that work kill when earthed and others that work kill when not earthed so CDI and ignition switch must be of the right type or it would spark with ignition off and not run with ignition on. The tests in the first post I linked to should narrow down where the fault is. Looks like you have gone for substitution instead. Go through the tests again.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I really appreciate all your help. I finally go it to start and run.
Is there a way to be sure the oil injector pump is working?
After getting to run, I don't want to take a chance on it not getting oil!
I am using a 50:1 oil fuel mixture right now to be sure it is getting some oil it is smoking but I really don't care right now. At least until I am sure it is getting oil

Old 12-24-2018, 02:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

When the fuel tank is nearly empty, add a little more oil to the fuel, run it a while, and disconnect the oil pipe at the carb. If the injection system is working, oil will dribble from the pipe when the engine is running.

Enlighten us all as to what the ignition problem was.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I replaced the ignition switch, CDI, coil and spark plug and still didn't think I was getting a spark. I am used to seeing a very visible spark. I did finally notice what looked like a very faint small spark; I was frustrated and decided to install the plug and see what happened. It started! I am now thinking maybe I didn't need to replace all the parts; it is just a almost not visible spark.
Live and learn

Old 12-26-2018, 02:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK, new question, as per the service manual, the oil pump should put out out 3-4 drops of oil per minute. I get none. Can I just run a gas/oil mixture be safe?
I am not sure how to replace the oil pump or where to find one?

Quick Reply: Eton Viper rxl 50m