Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Best 80-90 cc quad for big boy

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 80-90 cc quad for big boy

We are running a indoor TT and short track series in KY and IL right now, you can fine the dates on flattrackmac.com. We do usually run victory sports but trying to brush up on tt skills, something different. We run all the national, i see your from GA so i'm sure we will meet in March. It would be nice to run against more the just the lt80's. This past year was our first year racing the national, there is nothing better than going to a race that has only quads. Dont get me wrong i have nothing against dirt bike, we raced dirt bikes until we were old enough to race quads.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HONDA!!! He will have to learn to shift though. This is a bike he can "grow into", and it will last him for years.

Old 02-07-2003, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

recon, I have thought quite a bit about the honda. But I have talked to several that say they dont go as well in the sand. I know none of the minis are really going to be great duners, but most I talk to say the two strokes do better in the sand.

Bat

Old 02-07-2003, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone that wants some kick to a Honda needs to talk to Charles or Bruce with GTS Performance. We race with these guys all the time and their machines are not weak. Can they match ours? Almost.
We will not be running a Dinli at this National. Koty will be on his LEM again. He is still 1 year away from being able to race the Dinli Nationally. When you get to Macon, look for the TOMCO Racing Products Trailer. We would love to meet everyone!

Old 02-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

bat they are right the honda is better for learning riding skills (shifting) but like i said we ride sand only any more and the honda was a pain it was always stuck my daughter couldn't start the thing, although after it was running it would never die. if you like the four stroke idea the ds 90 revs a lot better than the honda, i just don't like the set-up much. the Lt80 gets around real well although you do have to choose your hills to allow the kids to keep up. i've been thinking of sending my engine to Lt80 on here and that sounds like it will cure all of the hill problems we have. my son that rides the blaster, will ride the lt-80 at the dunes if he has to but he would rather ride on my ds with me than ride the honda, that is about as much proof as i needed on the machine the ds 90 i think could be ok in the dunes but i don't know if they have parts to up grade. if i could save you any headache i would say go green, and i have two other brands that sit, the ds goes as a spare, i ride it once in a while and it is the favorite to run down to the bath room ( no paddles) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] good luck

Old 02-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

Sandman, thanks for the info.

I am still pretty set on the kawi. My son loves it, which pretty much puts me over the edge. It will not be for racing, so I dont really care about that. I think it will be a great machine until he is ready to step up to a bigger quad.

Thanks to all for the info.

Bat

Old 02-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Come on Bat, Set him on a Dinli. I dare ya!!!

Old 02-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

Trex, are you a dealer?? Just seems you kind of push the dinli. I would like to see one in person, I need to call and see if there is a dealer anywhere close I guess.

If you are a dealer, can you tell me the closest dealer to Rock Springs, Wyoming.

thanks
Bat

Old 02-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i've seen those t-rexs and they seem nice but they look heavy, and for the sand low power and heavy don't work, heavy and lottsa power work good (ds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) i bought the other and every time we were riding i would see the suzukis going every where and my kid would be stuck or sitting next to the quad because she couldn't go like the other kids and as a parent i would rather sit than see my kid like that. when they are young they love that give it the gas and go , the lt will actually pull little wheelies, and if that does make you smile when your out together, my daughter actually thinks she can race the ds now, maybe i did let her win once or twice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i know the rex or dinli what ever it is call is a good quad but the parts in the dune machine is important,sand eats parts and you will want a dealer near by kids hate to sit. sorry i just bought two of the wrong machines for the sand before i got it right , and yes there are things wrong with a srtock Lt narrow being the one but rims fix that and there are lots of after market

Old 02-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

Sandman, as usual good advice.

I have looked at all the larger manufacturers quads, as well as an eton. That is all that is local in my area. I still prefer the kawasaki.

I would not mind looking at a dinli, but if they are not local I will most likely not purchase it. As sandman said, if I cant get parts then what good is it. I agree my son wants to get on it and go, not sit. The suzuki 50 that we have has been great for that. He can get on and go. It has been a great machine and I think I will stick with what works.

Thanks again
Bat

Oh, sandman do you use paddles on your kids quads, or just the knobbies??

I read somewhere that the paddles on kids quads end up robbing power, and digging holes. I dont want to make the mistake of getting him paddles and find out they dont work very well. Because whether they work or not, if he has them he will make me put them on if "dads has them" you know how that is I am sure.

Quick Reply: Best 80-90 cc quad for big boy