Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Gas Gas 450 Quad

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

Does anyone know where I can find a review of the Gas Gas 450 quad bike. Or better still has anyone got one and can let me know how it is. I understand that there is not many about. I am living in Ibiza - Spain and have only seen the 300cc 2 stroker!!

Cheers for any help

Old 01-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

if you're in spain you should know more about it than us! i'd like to find out if i can take a vacation to spain and rent them to ride on the streets!

i've been watching with great curiosity too...
there are a couple guys that have the 300 2-stroke, but as of yet none of the 450 thumpers have been seen or tested that i know of. i found a review article on the 450 dirtbike in an australiam mag. and they liked it a lot.

as for the 300 2-stroke quad, there is no long term test yet, but right now the only complaints are stiff front shocks and steering that feels like it has a really stiff damper on it. power delivery is very smooth from what every source says. the 52" width is too wide for any trail rider, but GG says they are working on a 48" width and advertise it on the sales brochure.

i'm undecided between 2-stroke & 4- stroke still, but lean toward 2-stroke b/c i ride dunes a couple times a year

Old 01-28-2003, 04:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

They are not here yet. Our local dealer, who has sold 5 300's, is expecting the 450 in Late Feb. The first one is sold and the second one is mine. No more jetting, finally.

Old 02-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

I think this quad is gonna to be a big hit and should smoke the dale's, kawisuzki's, EXer's.
I'm in cali and the local dealer has 300's but no 450 but they are on there way soon.

Old 02-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

And no more jetting,Just put a trinity pipe on it and go racing

Old 02-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

Who know's what HOnda and yamaha may have in store to compete with all this new competition on a race level,hopefully we will see more involvment from factories in this sport soon.

Old 02-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

I'm more into competitive mx ,tt racing so the raptor isn't even in my category

Old 02-10-2003, 06:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

Trinity has a pipe for the Gas Gas 450?

Old 02-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

i went to the nearest dealer to me yesterday & test rode a gas gas 450 4-stroke yesterday. rumor has it they have changed the front suspension since the first release and the problems found by the mags are fixed. the one i tested had the older front suspension design and i concur with the finding of the mags in that it felt like it had a damper on it at full hard, requiring some effort in the steering, but otherwise the machine felt awesome. the other problem areas i noticed were- the seat/tank area feels wide & tall, the bar bend isn't right for me, stator cover P-coat was starting to bubble & flake, & plastics didn't have the best fit & finish. but... i love the clutch, shifting is smooth as glass(nuetral was tough to find when it was running), it feels very stable, and power delivery was very smooth. i dig the gadgets on the dashboard!! (run time meter, hazard flasher button- if i add signals, clock & ??) another cool fact is that it has both electric start & kick start!
the dealer & salespersons were trying thier best to convince us the thumper is faster than the 2-stroke on the track(which it may very well be in the hands of a pro), another prospective buyer was there too... he's worried about it b/c this is thier 1st quad effort. they were trying thier best to get us to put cash down, but i'm not ready to do that just yet... got too much stuff to sell first.
overall i'm impressed.
i've decided i'm going to get one, but- my debate is 2-stroke vs. 4-stroke...

Old 02-13-2003, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

Dual,
They didn't have a 2-stroke there I take it? I hopefully will be able to ride both at the dunes, back 2 back, this weekend. I'm with you, I like all the gadgets. Did I send you the pix? Hard Rock told me to expect the large body shocks on the 4-strokes in the future even though the 2-strokes got the updated boingers. The 450 still had the modified a-arms however. The fuel injection is gonna be the deal maker for me. We ride @ elevations from below sea level to over 10,000 ft. I'll let you guys know my thoughts and how they run next to my 440ex and ATC 265R. -RT

Quick Reply: Gas Gas 450 Quad