Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

I Need to know what kind of ATV to buy.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need to know what kind of ATV to buy.

I am a 11 year old kid and i was planning to buy an ATV but i dont know much about them. I am about 5 feet tall. I weigh 80 pounds. I was thinking maybe a honda but i dont know. i want somthing that goes fast, doesnt reqire much advanced work or maintenence, and that is good qaulity. Also i would be riding it in New Mexico up in the really deserty part, so it would have to be able to do good on rocks (good suspension) and by cactus(strong wheels/tires). I figure that i will mostly be following my grandpa who rides motercycles, on trails and stuff.

Thanks,
Gabe

Old 03-28-2003, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

hmm, well it sounds like you would probably be fit for a 150 to 200 class beginner Quad, and alot of manufacturers make those class atvs these days, but it also depends on if you want a Sporty ATV, or a More Utility oriented ATV, or a Sport/Utility type that is all around. Good starter quads are like a Suzuki LT-160, or a kasea skywawk 150 or Skyhawk 170, or for not much more of a price, the Bombardier Rally 200 is a really awesome Quad for the money. so there are a few choices, do some reasearch and see what one you might like best, but those are only a few of the Many atvs available,
and it also depends on what type of Transmission you want, something you can shift, or an Automatic.
so Look Around, You will definately find something good in the Currenty HUGE ATV-market [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

~Pman~

Old 03-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another possibility is the automatic yamaha breeze. Honda and Suzuki 250's are good quads too, clutchless trannies. Blaster would probably be too fast and too difficult for a newbie. As was said, there a lot of little companies selling quads now, but be careful of who you buy from. The fit and finish on some of the companies are quite up to par. Im sure im leaving out a quad or two, but just go to dealerships, sit on some, and talk to your parents. Good luck, and welcome to the sport.

Old 03-28-2003, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

Ketchuphead - how much experience do you have riding? If you don't have a whole lot of experience in riding, don't go out and get something just to go fast - you need to learn how to ride first before you worry about speed. This is just the mother coming out in me I guess. And please forgive me if you do have a lot of experience riding and I'm lecturing. I shouldn't assume you don't have alot of experience - my son is 13 and his dad got him his first dirt bike at 6 weeks old (little early huh!) but he's been riding since he was 5 years old. Good luck! And don't forget the helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!