KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Now you can't give them away...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now you can't give them away...

First of all hats off to Cannondale for being the first company to nut up and do what everyone else was afraid to.

Second of all if you love your quad what does it matter what the resale value is? If your not selling who cares.

Lastly what is the point of ripping these guys who tried to support Cannondale by buying thier quads which would help force the other companies to compete in the sport quad area.

Old 06-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Rockrider,

We where giving you the benifit of doubt.

Reserve was higher than what the market would pay. He could have the reserve set at $1,500 and nobody thought it was worth that much. Which means the three of us you called out are right and you once again are wrong.

You enjoy your ride and I'll enjoy mine. Should we meet on a Trail we'll ride togther. I'm not trying to sell my quad there's nothing on the market to replace it. When there is maybe.

Smitty

Old 06-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Rockrider Do you want us to buy mohaves or something? I am on these forums to answer questions and get info that can help me out. Your agenda seems to be to insult other members and use foul language. A little friendly banter is tolerable but you are getting out of hand sir.

Old 06-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

WISTECH,
You have a low post count but you seem extremely knowledgeable welcome to the forums some of the things you've posted about EFI shed a lot of light on things for me.
The rest of you guys I've known on these forums for quite a while now and you've all been great guys and made good contributions here as well and I would mention your names but you all know who you are.

I hate to say this because I've seen many threads get heated and out of hand were people post things they don't mean to in the heat of battle. I try not to pass judgement but we appear to be attempting to reason with someone who is unreasonable and has a mad-on for Cannondales. Apparently everyone is entitled to his opinion. When something goes this far maybe it's time to give up on reason and finally make the call that maybe the dude is just a douche bag plain and simple. To come in to the Dale forums just to annoy you guys speaks volumes for his character. It's definitely not like the EFI thread where at least people were trying to make points on both sides of the topic this is a flat out childish attack that laughs at someone's misfortune and ends up as nothing more than name calling against someone's machine.
Peace to my forum Homies, Diggler

Old 06-14-2003, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

I for one would love to get my hands on a bargain Cannondale. I am saddened that a company that brought that much innovation to the atv table couldn't make it. I hope someone picks up the dropped ball.

Old 06-14-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ATC 250R,
You are actually using ebay to determine the value of things? You are a bigger dumbass than I first suspected. I have seen people pay more for used, rusty parts then they would go for new. And I have seen and gotten awesome deals on brand new parts for $100 less than I would have paid at a dealer. Its an auction you dweeb!

Go look up some Cannondale auctions or do you want me to embaress you?

Old 06-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Rock - you should quit posting while you're ahead - I don't see anyone on the forum on your side. You continue to make yourself look worse and worse...

Yes, eBay does determine the value of things. It's the most widely used forum to sell things in the world. Something's only worth as much as someone's willing to pay.

Of course there are instances where the market for something is so rare (but when it is needed it is extremely valueable) that a 7 or 10 day auction won't cut it & eBay isn't a good forum to sell those sorts of things - but I really don't think this is the case of the Kawasaki Mojave.

As far as embarrassing me - I'll help you. Here's a search I did on ebay for Cannondales that have sold recently.

Again, none of us bought our quads as an "investment", most of us knew the risks when we bought - all of us are enjoying our quads & most could care less about resale value - however, judging by what I pulled up in the search above, it appears that we aren't in nearly as bad shape as someone who paid $4000+ for a new Mojave [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] -- especially considering that many of us didn't pay much more than $5000 for our quads new.

Old 06-14-2003, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah 250R your right they sure do hold their value! Here

Old 06-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

250R this is fun, here is another one! They are so popular!

Old 06-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

And your point is? Is there a reason for this line of thought, or are you just trying to fight off a little personal insecurity? No self respecting rider would waste their time with this sort of pointless yammering.

Personally, I'm a utility quad guy, but if a clean Cannibal showed up for $2k, I'd buy it. I was on one last fall, that thing scared me half to death. What a rocket!

Quick Reply: Now you can't give them away...