KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

how does moto stack up against yfz in a drag?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does moto stack up against yfz in a drag?

airtime
we have decided to keep the 400. just picked it up from the shop yesterday so the motor should be right now. josh likes the way it handles and it is pretty strong with the sparks 440 kit in it. the suspension on the 400 is much better than the moto not quite as fast but he makes faster lap times on the honda because of the better suspension. the tcs zero preload shocks are awesome. he looks so smooth on the honda and mistakes dont seem to bother the handeling so much. he has cased a few jumps and the honda just straightens out and goes on, the moto was a handfull if you cased a jump very bad.

oh mxmike is getting houser plus 3 a-arms if he can ever get his shocks back from the quad shop.

Mark

Old 09-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

from my little experience on both . I don' t hink the Moto can take a YZF in a drag with just pipe and filter. No Way! the YZF is just that fast. As far as racing ergos and handling I wont even go there. I was quite impressed with the YZF.

Old 09-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cctman
from my little experience on both . I don' t hink the Moto can take a YZF in a drag with just pipe and filter. No Way! the YZF is just that fast. As far as racing ergos and handling I wont even go there. I was quite impressed with the YZF.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

I have no reason to lie.You will find out.The YFZ isnt a top speed quad.It is a close ratio trans.and it has a lower rev limit than the Cannondale.Like I said unless you are on a firelane or wideopen in fifth somewhere it wont be a factor.But it is embarrasing to the YFZ owner when you go right by.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

At the SRMA in baton rouge the other weekend round 3 there was a stock yfz that went 1-1 there i was impressed to say the least but it's all about the rider there .

Old 09-18-2003, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

yzf

Old 09-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

the yamaha you sopke of at the baton rouge arena cross was riden by ryan artell. from my understanding he has added a-arms, shocks axle and other race parts. also ryan is one of the best riders in our area and wins almost every race he races locally. he usually rides a VERY high dollar 250r that used to belong to keith little. also he has ran natinal events since he was 13 years old. ryan can almost ride anything and win.

Mark

Old 09-28-2003, 04:04 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

He usually wins all the locals unless I am there. I have not been beat in a overall by anyone in MS at an outdoor race.

Also he didnt get his 250r from Keith Little (you are thinking of Laramie) and Ryan started racing Nationals last year and has only been to six Nationals in the past two years.

Old 09-28-2003, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

todd
no i didnt forget about you.i said ryan wins almost everything he races. i guess i stand corrected on how long he has ran nationals. i guess he lied to me about that one because he told me that himself. dont remember where i got his r was bought from keith little. hell i guess i will just keep to myself since i cant get nothing right. and yes every race that we have been to and you were there you won.

Mark

Old 09-28-2003, 08:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ryan also told me he that he has been racin nationals since he was 13. Mike Wise told me the same also.

Josh

Quick Reply: how does moto stack up against yfz in a drag?