KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

how does moto stack up against yfz in a drag?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does moto stack up against yfz in a drag?

I was just watching the tape made me on my first run ever up sand mountain. I started about 80 ft behind sandstorm (Z400) and budda(uncorked yfz450). The yamaha quickly pulled away from the z about the same distance that I caught up to the z. I was nervous being new to sand dunes and hilclimbs so I kept my bone stock Speed in second gear and let it rev to the moon. At the top of the hill I was right behind the z and the yz450 was about 100 ft in front of us .
I never got a chance to race the yamaha head to head but Im sure it would beat me but not by a an embarassing amount. Had cannondales not been available I would definitly have bought the yamaha but would have spent considerably more on it to equal all the goodies that came stock on the dales. They definitly should have come wider from the factory but I think they are an outstanding package . I have seen first hand a race at Tigerton where a moto took first place and a uncorked yfz was right behind it but mx is mostly about the rider.

Old 09-29-2003, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

You were at last race?So was I.I didnt race though.

Old 09-29-2003, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

The last race I was at was july 3 at tigerton. I was in the tower taking photos and vids. Its the one where Nick Compton I believe crashed his Moto. I might a pic of some one if you could give me a quad number.

Old 09-29-2003, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Bill berger 75 if you have any of him I will forward them.Digital?I wasnt at that race I was at the final one twoweekends ago.

Old 09-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Josh and Todd, Yall be shure to make the next Breaux Bridge race on October 26th. There should be some Texas Pro and Intermedet racers there. It should be a good time. PEACE #17

I think I found a new home in Texas. I love the tracks out there!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2003, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

mike
that is the same weekend as the hattisburg arena cross. we will probably be there friday and saturday. closer to the house and bigger pay out and if im not mistaken all the money riders that usually run breaux bridge will be at the arena cross.

Mark

Old 09-30-2003, 08:10 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Mark, ya that is the same weekend as the ax. We will be at the ax friday night then we are heading to Breaux Bridge on saturday night. Sould be a awesome weekend of racing. I think I reed in the motoxtalk that Breaux bridges money class is 200% pay out and the ax only 150%.

Man I cant wait till you guys see Mikes bike now it's SOOOO SWEET!

Oh and Mark I think I will get TWO NEW PAIRS OF SHOES from the MALL this time! LOL

See ya at the races.

Old 09-30-2003, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

jessica
yea but breaux bridge has been only having about 3 quads in the money class and the AX will probably have at least 10. also they will probably run the money class on saturda night at the AX plus i have bubba running the mini which will probably be friday night. 3 days of racing is a little to much for us. i guess we will just have to wait and see what day they run us at the AX.

i hear they have some real nice shoes at the dollar store too.

Mark

Old 09-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

todd, i still haven't heard how you did this year in the nationals. i was talking to a guy i met at shelbyville, tn at loretta lynn's national this year. he said he went to all the nationals and ended up in the top 10% of the 250b class (last year). he said they made him move up to the a class because he finished within the top 10 % of his class. now he is stuck in the a class even through he did not do very well in the 250b class (just made it to all the races and got more points). i guess that keeps out some of the sand baggers but in the slower classes like that a lot of people just cain't afford to go to all the nationals even through they are better riders than the slower riders being pushed on up to the faster classes.

anyway, will you becoming back to the starkville,ax this year. not sure on a date yet. the guy that won it last year, does he ride the nationals with you?

markvette, you and josh coming? if so, watch out for those stop signs. lol maybe josh should start driving when it gets dark. you know how the night vision goes with age. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-30-2003, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

I wish they sold Quads at the dollar store,lol. Forget about the shoes!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping the scedual works out so we can run both places. I realy want to make the BB race. There should be a good $$$$$$$ turn out. Alot of guys from Texas said they were going to make it.

Quick Reply: how does moto stack up against yfz in a drag?