KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Cannondale unreliability?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannondale unreliability?

I am arguing with a friend about cannondales reliability. Heres the question, Does the fuel injection have anything to do with its reliability? I dont think It does, but can someone tell me what makes it unreliable,besides not servicing? I want a cannondale, but i prolly wont get one for a while, just askin a few questions. Thanks

Old 10-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Unreliable? Ive have two engines in my garage that have over 200hours on them and only one has the updates. Both of them still run like the wind. People are scared of the fuel injection because its different . Yes there were some engine failures but it has nothing to do with the fuel injection. There are a ton of variables that contributed to how these machines perform. Every thing from cost cutting measures that backfired to quality control issues and design problems. If you are really interested go to cannondaleriders web site and learn all about them from the people who built them ,own them and know how to keep them running.

Old 10-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks WISTECH, just what i wanted to know, glad they arent as reliable as ive heard, it wouldnt bother me anyway about reliability.

Old 10-16-2003, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

I think many issues with all quads get blown way out of preportion on these forums. Has every raptor tranny failed,every z400 frame snapped,every 450es foreman shifter failed,every dale crank failed,NO but reading some of these posts would make it seem so. My advice is to make an informed decision by getting info from as many sources as possible . Just remember Dales were not made for everyone ,they were an attempt at a no comprimise race quad that the market wasnt ready for.

Old 10-16-2003, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

from what i've read the 'dales were reliable overall for all the new technology introduced. That was a great experiment.
The ones that are gonna be made in Taiwan by Dinli scare me. I guess we'll see how that works out. If you have a US made one hang on to it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]