Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha vs cannondale

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2000, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As we all know this quads havenīt been released to the market and they havenīt been tested yet, but it is always fun to see what all people think, their opinions.
Now the cannondale is said to ahve about 45 HP and the yamaha about 55 HP(thats a guess) but the cannondale weights 350 and the yamaha 400, this makes the cannondale a better quad for mx.

I like the cannondale plastics but they do not compare to the yamahas raptor plastics, they are awesome.
Also the cannondale is fuel injected, well thats technology so you wouldnīy ahve to adjust the carburator every time you modify it and also gives tne motor more power.

So what do you guys think would be better of this two?

Old 06-13-2000, 04:41 AM
Trailblazer

I'm not going to go there, but I have to say the cannondale has the engineering to be a landmark for all others to reach. But the raptor is using the technology that is better than what we had but not too far ahead of the other quads. All i have to say is this Id love to own either of these machines 10x more than a DS or EX. But no one within 500 miles will carry Cannondale, so I placed an order for a raptor. It kicks @ss and looks good, im sure something will be faster but ill be faster and better looking than most.

Old 06-13-2000, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

well the cannondale will handle way better than the yamaha but the yamaha might be a little faster probably not since its 50 lbs heavier. the raptor specs are close to the warrior and the cannondale are similiar to a 250r.you want something that handle like a warrior or 250r? the power to weight ratio is gonna be awesome on the cannondale. I have a feeling this will be the new king of the track(except for those super modded 250r's).

Old 06-13-2000, 10:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The Cannondale will certainly succeed if, and only if, they can produce a powerplant that performs well right out the box, the first time. The MX400 dirtbke has been delayed numerous times, not to mention the fact Cannonddale has NEVER even built or engineered a motor before this one. Reliability is going to have to be proven before I even consider this machine... But its concept is very interesting...

RoostKing...

Old 06-13-2000, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

I think the Cannondale will have it all over the Yamaha.

350 pounds and 45 HP. My Blaster has 320 pounds and only 18 HP.

The Cannondale to me was totally designed to be the perfect racer. And Yamaha, if it's designed like a warrior. Then it will probably be awesome for trails.

Old 06-13-2000, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, Surdyke Motorsports in Marionville MO is a dealer at less than 200 miles for you....

Old 06-14-2000, 01:02 AM
Range Rover

Well, let's spell it out... C A N N O N D A L E

Old 06-14-2000, 03:24 AM
Trailblazer

well then, maybe ill get both! and actually the Cannondale motor is designed by a european engine company that puts big twin cylinder engines in quads. I noticed this mention of cannondale when looking back at an old dirtwheels, i think i was a VSL, or VLS quad. But since cannondale is new and all american they wont let many people know its engine is designed by a european company

Old 06-14-2000, 07:19 PM
Range Rover

The Cannondale quad should be very interesting. Along with being fuel injected, it will come with Big Gun exhaust, Dura Blue axles, and aftermarket A-Arms (laeger?). Plus the bike should be balanced very well. The gas tank is located where the air box normally is with the air filter up high near the handle bars. I like the idea of the tranny fluid being separated from the engine oil.

I do have the same concerns about quality issues since this is thier first adventure into four-wheeling. Time will tell though.

Old 06-14-2000, 10:13 PM
Range Rover

Well very interesting opinions in here. I have ordered a Raptor myself. I have ridden Yami all my life, and yes Im almost 40. Im also A Master auto technician for 20 years. So with having a little experience I have to say theres no replacement for displacement The fuel injection is a very good idea. But who`s components are they using. A bosch system I hope...Its a very tough envirment. Simpler is sometimes better when your out in the boonies an a pcm takes a dump..
Just another opinion though...

Quick Reply: Yamaha vs cannondale