KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Performance Parts for Cannondale

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Parts for Cannondale

Yamaharacer, Mine's for sale as soon as I get my motor back from WWE if your interested.

Old 07-05-2004, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

Thats if you get your motor back from wilcox[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] There has been alot of problems with him and I would not recomend his work to any cannondale owner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: armoks
Thats if you get your motor back from wilcox[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] There has been alot of problems with him and I would not recomend his work to any cannondale owner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][

Really...

Old 07-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer

yeah i heard about him too

Old 07-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

Go over to cannondaler.com and look up his name there have been more then a few people there that has had problems with his buisness practices. one guy had to threaten to sue him and had to bash him on the forums over there to get a responce out of him. We are still waiting on the results to see if Wade actully is going to get his money back to him. At least two other guys that had Wade do thier cylinder heads have had them blow and he blamed Maz's map on it but other people with FDO ported heads are not having these problems and they are running Maz's maps in them.

So NO I would not recomend his work to any Cannondale owner!

Old 07-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Wade isn't really gonna do motors for awhile. He has many many many 450 kits to get out the door to ATK and Champion and says the honing takes most of his time.. A well known dealer back east could be possibly offering some new services in the near future.. How much is a FDO head and who does them?? Is it an exchange for your head??? Since my titanium valve issue has been resolved my motor has been rock solid.. Only three motors had titanium valve issues. Wade has since found the casue and remedied the problem.. SB is still gonna have some titanium valve problems and a certain person should be in jail shortly for a long time..

Old 07-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

FDO Racing did my head through haydug buuuuut we had to wait almost 5 months to get it back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I've riden one with the porting done but my engine is not done yet ( waitng on an improved crank) but doug is having another vendor port some heads and he will be getting just as good or better results from this vendor.

Right now I've also heard of the wrist pins going out on the WWE pistons also!

Old 07-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Honestly I would not recommend ANYONE buying a cannondale unless it is to look at. Their are too many people doing questionable work at best, fraud at worst on them. Some of the people are intelligent with great engineering and technical backgrounds but horrible buissnesmen. Some are just in way over their heads and shouldn't be in charge of their kids lemonade stand. Some are crusaders who don't want "the dream" to die but have no clue or $ to run a start-up buissnes. Some just can't wait to backstab and talk trash about their compitition. Many are just hobbists trying to pay for their own hobby by selling stuff. Spend some time reading up on all of the parts suppliers, performance shops and modifications and their should be enough information to scare off most people. From cranks, heads, wrist pins, pistons, maps, un-met parts orders, lack of keeping customers appraised of progress on work or parts...cannondale has it all! I have had first hand experince with many of the parties involved and unfourtunatly it has nearly all been less than acceptable to bad. At this time I really don't think they will ever be a viable alternitive to honsuzyamkawi...they are for someone who wants to tinker is competent mechanicly and feels they are lucky enough to never have a catastrophic failure. Sorry for the gloomy outlook but that's what I've seen.

Old 07-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

Well said Oldsandman..
Armoks the wristpin issue is now solved also.. Your observations are legit. I wish I could explain some stuff, but I just can't. It's not for me to say... I hope you understand..
I will have a 450z when they come out..

Old 07-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Henry, You know where I've been and I know we both have plenty of stories![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Performance Parts for Cannondale