KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

connondale speed vs. predator

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default connondale speed vs. predator

one of the guys we rode around at the dunes had the fastest dale of any i've raced, took the stage two ds to beat it and that wasn't easy.

Old 11-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey wistech i was looking at my dale the other day and noticed wht looks like oil underneath the front plastic, you had this problem i dont know anymore than that now have taken the plastic off it yet. also any helpful hints for a new moto owner its an 03 i just got other than someone swapping the front ohlins shocks out for ryde fx ones i think its stock with an fmf pipe, let me know as i know nothing about this thing other than it looks cool and has major *****

Old 11-26-2004, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider

Oil coming out of you airbox? I would say you overfilled it. Never run the oil level near the full mark. Halfway is where it should be on the stick between full and low. Its about 1.5 quarts during an oil change. If that doesnt cure it then look for a loose crank plate bolts. I would hope that your quad would have had the stud update installed a year or 2 ago. But ya never know till ya rip it apart.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

i dont know about the oil, never even started it yet just looking at it the other day and saw the oil residue under the front plastic, kinda weird but i havent had time to do anything with it yet hopefully next year i will mess with it, as far as updates i have no clue if its had them or not i would assume it does but who knows is there anyway i can tell if its had updates i have seen info on a couple of them, tranny stuff, engine bolt etc ??

Old 11-29-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Oil residue ? Heck if its been sitting for a long long time excessive oil could run out of the air filter. My guess is it was over filled once and blew oil all over the filter and airbox and now its slowly leaking out the drain holes. How many hours are on the quad? If your quad is a 2003 I suggest pulling the motor and doing the oodles of updates to the crank/rod bearing,cartridge plates,powdercoating the rocker cover and the list goes on. Driving an 03 without updates planned failure.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

i dont know what year it is, i cant remember does it say on the frame somewhere? its either an 02 or 03 is there any difference? sorry for the lack of knowledge i got the thing and it just sits right now since i have been to busy with my car and my sled and tearing down my streetbike to get it painted, the oil looks like residue and its on whatever lines are under the front plastic kinda back by the steering stem the undplastic its self looks ok as far as i can remember.

Old 11-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

Ya just wash it off. The 2003 have the biggest crank failure problem. The 01 02 models seemed to be able to make 100 hours before the rod is trashed. All Cannondales should have all updates though. There never was a good year engine that didnt require some upgrades.

Old 11-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

where can i find a list of all the updates? on here? or is there a site somewhere that tells?

Old 11-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Go to cannondaler or cannondaleriders web sites . It has all info ever needed.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

maybe i am blind but i havent seen a spot on those sites that talk about updates, i found some things about coolant pump impellers and stuff, but i dont know if thats the right stuff or not.

Quick Reply: connondale speed vs. predator