KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

List your kills.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default List your kills.

I have yet to ride a Dale, but a good friend has a Speed w/ moto mapping... We'll race it this summer with our YFZ and hopefully 450R

Old 07-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default List your kills.

new rider...new kills: 2004 400ex, 2004 modded z400, bored and modded ds 650, stock yfz540, stock 450r, and a crazy blaster

Old 08-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default List your kills.

3 z400's my previous raptor, a sportsman 800efi DS650 baja, 3 or 4 yfz's a 450r and a 440ex...soo far soo good, I love my Dale

Old 08-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default List your kills.

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: garyc660RHow about a roll call of C-dale owners without an engine failure?
Probably about the same ratio of 01 raptor owners running an original transmission.
Lol...maybe so...but here on the east coast the only 6 guys I know that bought Cannondales had serious engine troubles. THese were early models...so I dunno about the later ones.
Gary I know and I will never forget when two of the guys showed up at one of the fair races. They made it a point to talk LOUD and keep slamming Raptors and pretty much any other quad other then the all mighty C dale. I am normally hot headed and had to try hard not to correct them in their dominance theory, but I stayed cool until I got to line up with them. The way the brackets fell out I had to race Clayton in the first round and put his 686 down into the looser bracket then I got to put both of the MIGHTY C dales down with him and he then finished them off. Clayton and I both had enough of a lead in 300 ft to slow down at the end and wave bye to them. I did make it point then to be sure to mention to the guys that their bikes were fast (with a smirk and a giggle) while I was going to go race Clayton in the finals. I can honestly say that the C dale guys are the only ones that I have ever been around with an attitude from the time I showed up to race until the time I beat them. I guess paying that much for a quad makes you think it should be the fastest around.

Anyway I've always thought they were nice quads and liked the unique designs, but the few guys that I have met just had attitudes (I'm sure its not all C-dale guys) but it just jaded my view of them.

Just thought I would share a quick story...

Later,
Mike

Old 08-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default List your kills.

It was a good story, Appreciate it

Old 08-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default List your kills.

Wistech, if you get the chance i need to talk to you.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer
Default List your kills.

Cannondales arent dying, there just slowly fading away.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default List your kills.

Raptorman are you saying you beat up on some Cannondales in a drag with a stock Raptor?Give me a break.L.O.L.

Everyone thinks their quad is the best or they wouldnt have bought it.As for Dales there was very few power upgrades until recently.The ones you raced were probably stock HP.Now with strokers and porting we are picking up the pace by alot!Still not as big of a motor as a Raptor but getting there.Dont be to confident about dragging a Dale anymore.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default List your kills.

Originally posted by: cannondale27
Raptorman are you saying you beat up on some Cannondales in a drag with a stock Raptor?Give me a break.L.O.L.

Everyone thinks their quad is the best or they wouldnt have bought it.As for Dales there was very few power upgrades until recently.The ones you raced were probably stock HP.Now with strokers and porting we are picking up the pace by alot!Still not as big of a motor as a Raptor but getting there.Dont be to confident about dragging a Dale anymore.
Ow trust me I would be confident dragging the C dale no mater WHAT was done to it... And please note nowehere did I say that my Rappy was STOCK. LOL I was beating the Dales by half track in 300ft...

Of course I was on a slightly modded 727 Raptor. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thats whats so funny about it the guys just took for granted since they had a c-dale it would win hands down. They didn't take the time to ask about the raptors or even say HI ... They just started slamming Raptors and every other quad there! Like I said they were probably just horses rears anyway and I'm sure its not all c-dale owners. I usually try to talk to EVERYONE at a drag and introduce myself and just be social (thats part of drag racing).

Old 08-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default List your kills.

Kind of strange that someone would think old Dale would have a chance against the unlimited mountain sized motors that are available for other quads. The high horsepower Dales are just starting to get out there. A 500cc + engine will be a reality very soon. I think within a year you will start to see some very fast Dales drag racing. Till them put then back in thier place.

Quick Reply: List your kills.