KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

cannondale models and specs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cannondale models and specs?

Okay i am starting to look for a cannondale, not in a big hurry so i am doing my background info search. I know nothing about c-dales so i am wondering what the various models are and the differences between them. Been to cannondale riders.com also. I know that the cannibal is the low end model? and is the slowest? but other than hearing the names of some of the others that is about all i know. So if someone wants to educate me and tell me what models have what features, i would appreciate the help.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer

Okay i'll help keep this rolling. I am aware of the moto, blaze, speed, glamis, and cannibal. I remember seeing something in a magazine once that the glamis was a dune quad (hence the name glamis, go figure) moto i assume was a mx quad. But weren't the frames essentially the same? motors were the same? or was there some that were 400's and some that were 440's? I know that one difference is the fuel mapping, and i assume the suspension set up was different. Anything else?

Old 08-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

they all have the same engine and frames its just the blaze and the moto have different maps giving them more horse the Glamis Cannibal and Speed are pretty much the same thing just different maps again the moto and blaze also cam with other aftermarket things from the factory like beadlocks and nerfs also they both have better front suspention dual rate springs with ressies i hope i got it all right so i don't sound like an idiot? haha

Old 08-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info whitebros. That does help. I thought that there wasn't a lot of big differences. So were all th emotors the same size? I thought i might have read a thread somewhere that talked about different factory motor sizes.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

All the motors were a 432cc platform, but were running different fuel injection maps

Old 08-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks, i can't remember where i got the idea that they might have different sized motors. The next question i have is do the different models bring much of a price difference? Mostly what i have been seeing is the cannibal. Does the moto draw a premium price or would eyou expect the price to be about the same if you could find one? I am trying to find out as much as i can because i am not likely to find one very close to where i live, so when i do buy i will have to travel a ways to get it.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer

Man, do they need a spellcheck on this site. Had to fix my spelling on almost every post i made on this thread. Perhaps i should type slower.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Usually a moto or blaze go for more, but a moto has nerfs FMF exhaust ohlins suspension and longer a arms