KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Cannondale haters were silenced at Little Sahara!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2001 | 11:50 PM
|
Trailblazer

Hey I don't own one nor am I getting paid for this endorsement. That thing is mean. I just got back this afternoon from Waynoka, Oklahoma where I had one of the more interesting weekends that I have ever had. I was shocked on Friday evening when I saw a gray Cannondale line up in the sand drags, I really didn't even think they were available yet. Anyway, a man with only one leg was riding this beast, he lined up next to about 50 others, in this pack were 400ex's, Bombardier's, Raptors, fast Banshees and DAMN FAST BANSHEES. One of my buddies was on his Powroll/LRD 440ex in this line up as well. As the guy gave the sign to go the entire group got a bit of a jump on the Cannondale but by the time they were at the 3/4 mark on the sand flat the Cannondale was right next to the 440 and a quad length ahead of the Raptors which were piped and jetted. Cannondale was not lying about the top speed. This thing runs like a raped ape and is very aggresive through all the gears. I don't think the plastic is very attractive but you don't ride the plastic. When the guy first lined up and I heard the engine I almost strted laughing because to be quite honest my little Mojave sounds more aggressive, WRONG! The Cannondale screams and thats the bottom line.

Old 04-23-2001 | 11:24 AM
Trailblazer

Just wait until that guy gets a pipe on it and changes the fuel settings in the computer, it was an incredible increase. I have a prototype pipe on mine from HMF Engineering in OH. I think more of an increase than the standard pipe and jet kit to others!

Old 04-23-2001 | 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

The dude with one leg, was he say late 40's early 50's in age?

Old 04-23-2001 | 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I was there and saw that too. That thing really got a bad start but made up a lot of ground fast. I was hoping to see one out there. I got a closer look at it at the gas station. Really nice bike. It is definitely different than all the rest of the bikes. I enjoyed watching that guy in that buggy that said "Power Trip" on the side. That thing just flat hauled. Also that drag banshee with belt drive moved too. Did you see that wet t-shirt contest out there TeamGreen? That was pretty nice. Had a great time in waynoka for snake hunt this year. Can't wait till next year.

Old 04-24-2001 | 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Meangreen I am also from KCK where do you ride?

Old 04-24-2001 | 10:40 PM
|
Trailblazer

OH BABY DID WE SEE THE WET T-SHIRT CONTEST! It was almost over when we caught it but the chick that won was an absolute knockout! Dark tan skin, nice rack and a great little thong holder to boot, excuse me while I run to the bathroom, ha ha.

I was very impressed with the performance of the Cannondale. That guy riding it was probably in his late 30's to early 40's, and rode it very, very well considering that he was minus a stick. I talked to him on saturday, he was very friendly and you could tell he really liked the machine. I don't like the way the plastic looks. The gas tank and seat level appear to be about the same height, which I think would make it very hard to sit in the machine when you have to get up on it, otherwise the thing rips.

We had a great time but I can honestly say I won't be going down on another snake hunt weekend anytime soon. I was there to ride, and found it very nerve racking back in the dunes on saturday. Too many people trying to go ***** to the wall and really not enough room to accomodate all the traffic. One of the park rangers estimated over 50,000 in the park on saturday alone.

Meangreen you'll have to make the trek up to St. Joseph one of these days to go riding with the fellas and me. We have a great place up here that is not really big but it is very challenging to say the least. Talk to you later.

Old 04-29-2001 | 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

55,000????????? THat has to be a exaggeration. They only let 2 grand in the place at a time. I was there easter weekend(week b4 snake hunt) There were about 3500 and they were running out of places to camp. Sounds like the snake hunt weekend is cool! THat was my first time to be ther and it rocked! except the sand was all tore up.

Old 05-05-2001 | 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

how did it compare to the DS650,s?

Old 05-05-2001 | 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

I was there that weekend and i could beat it by about 4 bike lengths but i believe it could beat a stock 650.

Old 05-05-2001 | 04:06 PM
|
Trailblazer

Hylton, That is what one of the park rangers told our group late saturday afternoon. If they were only running out of places to camp when you were there you wouldn't believe what you would have seen there for snake hunt weekend. People were camping alongside the highway as far as a mile from the main entrance. I'm not suggesting that there were 55,000 out in the sand at the same time, if you rode through the campground areas and would have seen the mass of people you would really have been able to believe what the ranger said.