KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

FX400 for $5500 good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2001, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2001 adult ridin (hardly) FX400 for $5500 good deal?
That a good deal thanks

Old 10-20-2001, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a great deal. Make sure he has some sort of maintenance record. Maybe check with the dealer.

Old 10-21-2001, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY I FIND A USED CANNONDALE CLOSE TO ME AND SOMEBODY BEATS ME TO IT BEFORE I GET THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Oh well, treat it well.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2001, 02:19 AM
Trailblazer

CornDogwhere do you live?

Old 10-21-2001, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

CornDog for alittle more you could get a brand new Cannibal. Anyway I've had this happen to me alot so I know how you feel bro. Red400EXRider If you got the Dough the C-Dale has the Go! I'm paying $8,000.00 for mine so I would say its a very good deal. Check for clutch abuse ect. You never know what youre getting when buying used. Let us know if you get it or not. Also it might be a good idea to see if it has all the updated parts. If not you may want to have the owner to take it to the dealer and have them installed before picking it up. I dont know how this would work (if they would charge you labor or anything since you're not the original owner but its just a thought).

Old 10-21-2001, 02:38 AM
Trailblazer

Cdaleracer when you say clutch abuse what do you mean?
And also is their any thing else I need to check?
Thank you for all help.
Also since it is a 2001 wouldn't it be fine from all the "Problem" parts since it came out in 2000 and they had that year to work out the problem?

Old 10-21-2001, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

What I mean by clutch abuse is if it always properly adjusted. Ride it to see if its slipping any. The clutch isn't realy weak but if the free play isn't adjusted propery it doesn't take long to fry. But what quads clutch dosen't? Check the air filter to see if its dirty. Doing this will sometimes tell alot about how a quad was maintained If its dirty then the guy probably didnt keep anything cleaned or fluids changed, if he has any sense though he would clean it before putting it up for sale, so this isnt always something thats a true sign of a well taken care of quad. It may be clean but only 1 time right before he put it up for sale. Im not trying to scare you away from it or anything but buying used is sometimes risky and anyone will tell you this. As far as the updates the 01 FX's are the first year Cannondales. They were put out in Feb. 01. Also did he give a reason as to why he is selling it. If every thing looks good go for it you want be disapointed.

Old 10-21-2001, 03:28 AM
Trailblazer

Here is a pic this is all the info he gives

2001 CANNONDALE FX400, adult ridden, very little, all original and stock, fastest production 4 wheeler made, $8k new, must sell, $5500

Old 10-23-2001, 07:49 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Something about that picture looks wrong. Do not purchase. I would keep your 400EX if you have one. Chet

Old 10-30-2001, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

What do you think is wrong with that picture? Looks fine to me, except the front tires look slightly worn.

Quick Reply: FX400 for $5500 good deal?