KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Any news on a Cannondale open class sport ATV? 650cc+?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with the guy above...they dont need to get involved in the bigger is better war. the bike they have now is top notch. and i still see no reason for 600 and up quads unless your into towing things i suppose. the BOMB is a bigger bike the raptor isnt. if you want a bigger bike buy the bomb,if you want quality stick with canondale or honda.
i really dont want to see an engine in my quad that i need a cherry picker to pull it out sorry.

Old 12-31-2001, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

I'm 6'1 and 230 and I think my FX fits just fine, ProEMTPFF you say you've sat on a Cdale but have you ridden one? Things feel diffrent when your riding oppose to just sitting on it. And if they made a 650 who's to say physically it would be any bigger a quad. You should see if you can test ride one, it might change your mind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2001, 03:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think Bombardier has more than proved their reliabilty to the world. I'm not saying that C'dale isn't cool, but I think the point is that there is room for another 650 machine, And I think C'dale could set a new bench mark as they did for the 400 class. The fx400 is a highly tuned machine out of the box, and yes they are right there in the face of the Bomb,and Raptor, But the 650's are very detuned and have much room for improvment(power wise). Its like the Old saying " A good big man we'll beat a good small man everytime". Now granted a DS will never beat a C'dale on a Moto track, but who cares! 90% of people that but ATV's dont race 'seriously' anyways.

Old 12-31-2001, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

Cannondale e-mailed you and said they sunk a lot of money to make their 4-stroke out run a 2-stroke? A modern 250 2-stroke will still beat their 4-stroke. And an old cr 500 will absolutly spank it.

Cannondale has a great quad and bike,with a very good motor. But its still inferior to a 2-stroke.

Old 12-31-2001, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

"Steven,
Never say never around here, BUT Cannondale just spent lots of
time, and lots of money developing a four stroke motor to out run the two
stroke engines. I do not think we will be trying to develop a two stroke to
out run the four strokes any time soon.

Thank You

Timothy Corbett
Customer Service Tech Support "

That is exactly what they said to me. Maybe I should E-Mail them the link to this page so they can see that they need a 2 stroke and even a big bore tumper.

Old 01-03-2002, 05:55 PM
Range Rover

Hey SaMs0n,
Maybe you should read what Kory Ellis said about HIS new Cannibal ride for the 2002 season (he came in 6th in 2001 and wants the title really bad!)
GNC Pro Rider Kory Ellis. "I think the Cannibal’s a really great quad. I think it’s better than a Raptor or a 400EX, actually. It handles better than anything out there, and the Cannibal is faster than anything in stock form. It is more comfortable to ride, in my opinion. Everything about it feels better to me. In stock form, it’s a better bike to start with if you plan on racing—you don’t have to really modify it like you have to with the other quads out there.
"Powerwise, it hangs with modified 250Rs and 330s. The engine is a little loud, but there’s nothing wrong with it. That’s just the way the Cannondale sounds. On the track it handles really well. It’s like riding a modified 400EX, only it has more power. I found that it’s really predictable in the air when jumping. Overall, I think it’s the best sport quad out there right now."
Kory will be campaigning a Cannibal sponsored by a Cannondale dealership in the 2002 GNC series. l

GNC Pro Rider Kory Ellis

Old 01-03-2002, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

i dont have the MAG in front of me but isnt kory ellis owned by cannondale now? so of course he isnt going to bad mouth them. that's like me going to work and telling my boss all his stuff stinks he will tell me go take a walk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] any PRO rider out there will not bad mouth there sponsers.

Old 01-03-2002, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Any PRO rider isn't gonna give up a YZF 440, a 330R, and a 250R on the track for a quad that isn't any good. Obviously Kory Ellis likes the quad a whole lot to give up those three monsters.

Old 01-03-2002, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmmm.........Factory $$$$$$$ talks. You might be suprised what a PRO will say and or ride for the right amount of money or what anyone for that matter would say or do for the right amount of money. BEWARE of the all MIGHTY DOLLAR. Prime example of money talking, look at Dirt Wheels and ATV Action they've sold thier souls to the YAMAHA DEVIL. If you don't believe it look at the ads in thier mags, then look at the reviews they keep getting for bikes that aren't close the the five star ratings they get from the mags. Everything is for sale its just comming up with the right amount. So don't think a PRO would'nt sell out.......they are ONLY human.

Old 01-04-2002, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer

No doubt about it. If I was paid good money to race a dang quadsport 230, I would have given up my ride on my 20,000$ pro trax any day. Hmm, lets see, spend 40G a year flying out east, and ride what He really wants, or get paid to race and talk good about a particular bike? Do the math, if he gets paid 20G to race the thing all year, thats more than he would make if he won just about every race. Oh, I forgot, the championship pays alot, lol. A nice big peice of glass.

Quick Reply: Any news on a Cannondale open class sport ATV? 650cc+?