KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Any news on a Cannondale open class sport ATV? 650cc+?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the 400cc Cannondales are quick and fast BUT is there any plans for a 650cc +? I think there is a market for them, what do you think? I don't usually hang out in the Cannondale forum but I figured if anyone would know about some big bore plans by Cannondale ya'll would know. Thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2001, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm... could you imagine, if a 440 is so bad @$$, think of what a 650 would do, if built the same way. You shouuld go to the cannondale website then there is a "contact us" link. I got a response from them within a week or two. Oh yea, no "near future" plans for a 2 stroke C-Dale[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2001, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

I just may contact C-Dale........you have the link handy? Maybe all interested in a BIG BORE Cannondale should write them.

Old 12-27-2001, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

i doubt cannondale is comin out with a big bore soon. i think if they wanna make some more money and keep goin after the racing market they need to release a 250cc 2 stroke version of their qauds.

Old 12-27-2001, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

They won't make a 2 stroke racer, they will lose too much money, in the E-Mail they wrote me, they said that they just spent alotta money to develop a nice 4 stroke motor to outrun the 2 strokes. There might be a possibilty for a big 650, but I think Cannondale is probably going to stick more to the racing scene.

Old 12-29-2001, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

I could see them building a smaller 4-stroke, there is such a huge market right now for under 250 cc. The current line-up already fills the big bore gap.

Old 12-29-2001, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said above, I know the Cannondales are quick and fast but a 400cc is'nt a big bore. Like a med. bore and a med. size bike. I'd like to see a cannondale that larger guys like myself can ride. I'm 6 foot 4 inches and 240Lbs. The Cannondale just "feel" small to me. The DS650 and Raptor are larger framed bikes and fit me just right.

Old 12-29-2001, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Isn't it funny how things change...

1998- 400cc + 4 stroke = big bore

2002- 650, 660, 700cc + 4 stroke = big bore

2002- 400cc + 4 stroke = small bore

If you ask me, things have gotten out of hand. It's strange how the undersized Cannondales (432cc's by the way) seem to be tearing up the tracks.

ProEMTPFF, I think you've just become accustomed to riding the bigger machines. I am 6'6" and have no problems fitting on my Warrior, which is much smaller than a DS or Raptor.

If I were to go buy a new machine right now, it would probably be a Cdale, although the new Baja DS's do look like sweet machines.

I think it should be obvious to all of us that the "big 4" are taking the easy way out. If you look at what all of the companies have to offer, nothing compares to the CDale or the DS. The Raptor's are wimpy, underpowered, unreliable machines. The 400EX, although reliable, is nothing more than a detuned XR400 in a round tubing 250R frame, and the Suckzuki, although yet to be determined, probable won't be anything worth bragging about either.

Now if you look at the CDale, you have EFI, aluminum frame, state of the art everything, AND a company that is willing to stick it's neck out and actually try and promote our sport. It seems funny that Yamaha can sponsor MX, Superbike, and Snowmobile teams, but leaves us ATVers on the backburner. Same goes for Honda and Suzuki-minus the snowmobiles. Kawasaki has shown some interest with the KX-250 quad, but they have only sponsored ONE rider. It all sounds pathetic to me.

I hope that in the upcoming GNC, that the CDales make a statement. Kory Ellis will be ridig one, as well as Ben Jackson.

Well.... I'm done.... for now

Old 12-29-2001, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

I've tried Banshee's, 400EX's, and sat on FX400's......they are just uncomfortable to me. Imagine a larger framed FX650....... it would dominate the big bore's and there is a market for the big bore bikes with larger frames. Look at the sales Bombardier and Yamaha are having with the DS and Raptor.....there is a market and soon I think all the ATV manufactures will join the band wagon.

Old 12-30-2001, 08:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont undertand why people seem to think the Raptor is a larger framed quad. IT is both shorter and narrower than a Cannondale(and 400ex for that matter). Probably because you sit so high on the Raptor that it gives the impression it is a bigger machine. And why should Cannondale get into the bigger is better wars? Obviously they are able to make 432 cc's run better that 660 +, so why waster their time? Just because it has a bigger motor, that does not mean its a bigger machine...

RoostKing...

Quick Reply: Any news on a Cannondale open class sport ATV? 650cc+?