KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

How you make your Cannondale beautiful <-- Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< yodaddy
did the 400ex you ride have stock shocks? the dales are probably stiffer for racing and jumping and the 400ex stockers are set up for trail riding. if you put works shocks on the EX i bet it would stiffen up a little.
>>

the 400ex is also MUCH slower which makes it feel like it handles better.

Old 01-16-2002, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

No, corndog. The 400 isnt MUCH slower. And talk about compensating....

If someone has ridden two bikes, and thought one of the two handled better,
you dont need to make excuses why hes 'mistaken' based on your own opinion.

Your trying your best to shut the 400 down, and lift your cannondale up above the rest.
Yea, the cannon's are nice bikes, but the 400 has wayyyyyy to much of a loyal following to be shut down by you.

-Matt

Old 01-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

<< No, corndog. The 400 isnt MUCH slower. And talk about compensating....

If someone has ridden two bikes, and thought one of the two handled better,
you dont need to make excuses why hes 'mistaken' based on your own opinion.

Your trying your best to shut the 400 down, and lift your cannondale up above the rest.
Yea, the cannon's are nice bikes, but the 400 has wayyyyyy to much of a loyal following to be shut down by you.

-Matt
>>

have you ever ridden a cdale?

Old 01-16-2002, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Stop knocking rides already!!! Sheesh!

Old 01-16-2002, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

CornDog made a good point I think, the 400EX is MUCH slower. They do handle great but if you do engine work to it to bring it up to the hp of the C-Dale and some how get the same throttle response out of it how will it handle? I'm talking about stock width, shocks, tires, ect. heck even with the shocks off of the C-Dale thrown on it. It wont handle the same as it did before the engine mods. I think every stock quad out right now needs 18&quot; tires on the rear 20&quot; or 19&quot; on the front and should be 50&quot; wide, but most of my riding time is spent on the track. So what do you think YoDaddy? Would a worked engine EX with stock suspension handle as good as a stocker? I know what you mean about the big change. I went from a Sparks engine 250x to the FX, nothing in common between the those two!

Old 01-16-2002, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Well the one I rode today was widened (if thats a word) and it DID have stock shocks, but then another friend of mine has a 400... 440ex with Works triple rate shocks set for racing with 180-190 lbs. rider and it has a DMC Dual Barrel Exhaust and Jet kit and stock width with Razr's and I still thought it handled better. Unless the fact that it feels like it has a lower seat height than the Dale is &quot;tricking&quot; my mind, I still think the 400ex handles better. I'm obviously not bashing the Dale when I own one and I wouldn't give up the power for anything. I'm saying that the 400ex &quot;wants&quot; to fly threw the turns while the Cannondale seems like it just wants to hurry up and haul @ss in the straights. It might very well be the Holeshots that are to &quot;grabby&quot;. Once I get the 18&quot; tamers I might think differently, I don't know. This is just my opinion but I think if it wasn't for the 400ex, there wouldn't be all these highperformance quads out right now. Just think about it, when everyone was and still are buying the 400ex's like crazy, the other manufacturers figured out that they needed to get into the highperformance catagory. Okay, sorry, my speech is over. Just think about that. If you think different, please let me know. I like these kinda topics where there isn't a bunch of bashing and some good ol fashion debating.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

One of the first things I noticed about my FX on the track I raced and practiced at all summer long was how much I didnt like the stock tires. Ive always ran 18&quot; rear tires though so that could be why I'm saying this I dont know. Anyway the rear tires hooked up good in a staight line,but in the turns it was hard to find any traction. Also had alot of side roll when you could find traction because of how tall they are. The front tires stuck like crazy glue in the turns and as long as you could keep the rears from sliding you would go pretty much where ever your front tires were pointed. This was just on the track I was on. Anyway my thoughts are the fronts are great and the rears are not. Like I said though this could be just on my local track.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

i got it guys, lets get us a cdale motor and throw it into a 400ex chassis. well, it's an idea anyway. i love the way the 400ex handles, i haven't gotten the chance to ride a cdale yet, but i plan to as soon as possible, so i cant really stick my nose into this arguement, but i have heard very good things about the cdales power, but i've also heard complaints on the seat hight.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

I realy cant say which one handles better either as Ive spent way more time on my FX than I have an EX, but my thinking after I got over the power of the C-Dale is that they are very close in handling. RiverRacer, you just made me think of something that I was told. You guys will love this.. The C-Dale engine cost more than a complete EX quad! No offense or anything, sounds crazy to me also. In other words all you C-Dale owners get insurance if you dont already have it.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

They say the seat height on the c-dale is actually lower than the 400ex as far as the distance between the top of the seat to the ground but I wish they would also measure the distance from the top of the seat to the foot pegs. RiverRacer04, I know you were jokin around, but if you really were going to put a c-dale engine in a 400ex frame, it would be very heavy. C-dale has the aluminum frame but the engine is heavy enough to make it a little heavier than the 400ex. I think a better idea would be putting a 250R engine in the C-dale frame or if your a 4-stroke guy, putting a YZF 426 engine in the c-dale frame. Now THAT would be on bad @ss quad.

Quick Reply: How you make your Cannondale beautiful <-- Pics!