KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Apprenticeship?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been a diesel mechanic for a few years now and can only say one thing for the mechanic profession, ASE & MMI have really nice certificates for the time and money you invest in them but most places hire exclusivley on experience and your inventory of tools, I started out in a junk yard 10 years ago and progressed through the local goodyears and such and worked my way to a fleet job mainting semi-tractors for Pepsi, What im basically saying is invest in some tools and a few good manuals and be willing to start at the bottom, Once you realize you need to learn it all the hard way the only place to go is up, All shops are willing to train new guys, It saves them from paying the big bucks to all of us old guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2002, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

Why don't you go to POWROLL?Talk to PETE FISHER the owner.I live and work there for about 5 years and now have a company called "FOUR STROKE TECH".

Old 02-17-2002, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

Pete Fisher lives about a mile from me, but I doubt he would hire me. Oh, I like what you and Lurch did to that Mojave, it's sweet.