KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

oops......swoops!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Patrick on the great finish.....I finally got signed up on the sight.

To give you an update I raced the Supercross track in Atwood, TN Saturday night, my Cannibal was working great in practice, this was a Quads Only race and they had a great turn out, 113 entries. Had a lot of quad heads checking out my c-dale before practice, you guys did a great job on it last week. Anyway, I had problems getting my starting technique down and was mid pack on my heat race and ended up finishing 5th in the main event, bad thing is there was only 5 in my class!!! still getting used to the c-dale handling and power vs. my old 400 EX. But, there were several DNF's that night (motor problems, broken spindles, axles, etc.) and my c-dale did not experience one problem, oh yeah there was another c-dale there that night, he was on a moto 440 and I think he finished around 3rd or 4th out of 9 in the 4 stroke C class.

Sunday I raced the long outdoor track in Covington, TN and there was not a big turnout of quads, we had about 6 total, but 1 was a GNC racer out of Lawrenceburg, TN on a 250R, he said he is like 4th in points in the 250C class, and there was a guy there on a new Z400, and then the usual mix of 400 EX's and Banshees. Well I started in 2nd gear this time, got my clutch timing down a little better and easily pulled the holeshot on all of them to the first turn (approx 100 ft.), felt really good, the track was also extremely rutted up (total entries that day bikes and quads was 265) and I must say again through practice and both motos my c-dale performed flawlessly.

I really love this Quad, thanks for all your help, I'll be calling you soon.

Old 05-23-2002, 12:03 AM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jeff. We do try. We are beginning to get even more involved with the Cannondales than we were before.

Next weekend we are fielding a team on an E440 dirtbike for the 24hour enduro at Perry Mountain in Alabama. It's geting alot of national attention. All the guys from the west coast are coming as well as the dirtbike magazines. We are fielding the only Cannondale team out of 23 teams entered thus far. It's going to be interesting to say the least. I plan to give a full report of the results next weekend regardless of how we do.

It looks as if you really had a busy weekend. I wouldn't worry about the 5th place finish. Racing two races in two days is an acomplishment on it's own regardless of the outcome.
You couldn't get me to ride anything Monday..LOL

You should consider putting some 20" tires on that thing and come run with us at Batesville in three weeks.

Good luck at your next race. If you need anything just give me a call.

Patrick