KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

How do u like your .......Trout???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trout,where you on your stock tires?
aren't his tires sand tires?
do you think traction or lack thereof had anything to do with the outcome?

Old 05-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

I wish, I have sand sharks though, to be honest if we had a starter and both took offat the same time it would have been close, it was close anyways, but he did beat me several times. But its a fast bike stock, come one...... raptors have 660CC and he had a pipe and filter kit, so it is fast. MY 432cc held up well I thought.

Old 05-30-2002, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

how close?

Old 05-30-2002, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

he beat me by a bike length or so, he got me off the line always, but I would get real close to him near the top everytime, the dale pulls HARD.

Old 05-30-2002, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

ok peeps we raced 3 or 4 times... i won them all, one by like 2 lenghts and the others by 1 or a little more. i took him off the line, no need for catch up, just waved good bye! it was like 300tf drag from take off to the top.
trout- i don't have air box kit? i only got a k&n and i cut my lid in half. what u smokin trout " pulled on me? u crazy! i "pulled" away from u the whole race then when i got off the gas u "pulled" on me! any a it was tight WHEN U GOING GET THE VIDEO UP AND WORKIN!?!

OH AND ON ANOTHER NOTE... i also found a cannibal w/ a hmf and a moto remap and i beat him too, he asked if i had any engine work, cuz he was shocked! ( dude wasn't a very smart man, i got the idea that he had alot of money and no clue what to do w/ it) beat every ds and one very disapionted z400 owner, he didn't like the z at all. traded his raptor for it ( not a very happy camper!)
aight im out peace!

Old 05-30-2002, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

wow! I saw that cannondale with a moto map and the yelow HMF pipe, you beat him huh? well I believe it. I saw that guy on the Z400, was wondering what he thought of the bike, was it fast to you? Yea you beat me, I allready said it and im saying it again. I liked your raptor it felt good, I might not get the z400 and just get the raptor, who knows, but the girl needs something to ride or she will be on the back of mine and no way is that happening!

Old 05-30-2002, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Well let's compare apples to apples here, cause all of us C'dale owners are dumbfounded how even a modified Raptor would beat even a stock C'dale!! I have owned a Raptor and Cannibal at the same time. Your Raptor sounded similiar to mine, mine had a complete FMF exhaust, K&N jet kit, mine even had an airbox mod. The stock Cannibal consistently spanked the Raptor in the dunes, swap riders and same results. Both quads were running same Sand Shark v-groove tires.

Now, I noticed you list a 12 tooth sprocket, this will obviously give a quad more bottom end power, thus advantage Raptor in such a short drag race. Let's have you put the stock 13 tooth back on and try the race again and let's see the results.

You also mention you are running Maxxis Roosters, which model? The v-groove such as what Trout is running or are you running the Rooster 982's which are the straight blade paddles? If you are running the 982's, again, big difference in traction.

Trout, another question, did you start each drag from first gear or second, same question to Disburbed660?

So how about it, we comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges?

Old 05-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Brian he had straight paddles and I has sand sharks, a little bit of a difference I guess, its no big deal we were just havin fun. He is better at the hill drag race than me, no biggie, thats what is is all about. but remember my engine according to my dealer is totally blown. so maybe I was loosing power. we started in first gear and both shifted to second at the base ofthe hill.

I noticed when I was riding on the flats in the dunes and I got to 5th gear I lost power, I couldnt accelerate past 4th gear, is that normal or do you think I was dealing with my bad motor there? Just a observation, but everytime i pinned it and got to 5th I lost power, not totally but it wouldnt pull any fater than what 4th ws pulling.

Old 05-30-2002, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Brain... wow im flatter ur making excuses for the raptor beating a dale!!! yes im running a 12tooth, my friend has a raptor also, but only has a kn and extreme paddles and if he got a good start he would be dead even with me at the end. the 12 only helps a little bit at the start (that i can tell) = still apples to apples

and- yes i have the 982's and yes trout had the sand skates. the skates hook up real well for being a v style!= still apples to appples

and we both started in first gear = apples to apples

any other excuses u guys wanna make?????

Old 05-30-2002, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Disturbed - I bet you're not like this in person are you?

Go troll on the LTZ group.