KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Complete 2003 Cannondale Lineup

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patrick: I found some link about the Rev-Loc if you're interested. Nothing that explains how it actually works though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

http://www.revloc.com/
http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/reviews/2002revloc/

I also tried looking up the patent, but I didn't have any luck. I guess the patent is still pending.

Old 06-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

My stock Cannibal has beat completely race ready Banshee's, R's, Ex's, and even a moto 440 to the first corner. Most of the time when I line up at the gate, most of the quads beside me have plenty more power, but either they were spinning to much or all that power just wasn't movin them fast enough because I don't have any problems consistantly getting top 5 in the holeshot on my COMPLETELY stock Cannibal (I still have stock pipe, gearing, and tires). The thing that sucks is that a lot of the guys don't seem to have any problems getting around me further on down the track [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Old 06-15-2002, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

I understand that power alone wont get it done. I also understand that a C-Dale moto is one hell of a deal vs. dumping 15k - 20k into a quad. That wasn't what I was trying to get at. What I'm trying to say is a lot of the race crowd follow what the big names are riding and doing to their quads. Tim Farr has been kicking a$$ this season riding a yz426 based quad and now a crf450 based quad. These types of quads along with 250r type quads are winning the races and they are more powerful than a C-Dale. Since hp mods are very limited on the C-Dales does this pose a problem for Cannondale? If other companies don't start using EFI and other technological advancements the amount of money put into R&D for mods isn't going to be there. Most of the mods now are all suspension, a-arms and axle related with the exception of the exhaust. I don't even know if the engine has a lot of potential.

If Cannondales started eating up everything on the track they would be the new "250r" and everyone would want one. However if they can't beat the old style carbed quads which are easier to work on and get parts for doesn't that pose a problem? When you make 2 out of 4 models to head straight to the track you're planning to win races.

Old 06-15-2002, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Buy you a glamis when they come out since its going to be a wider C-dale and get you a moto remap done to it with an HMF Exhaust and spend a few thousand more and you should have a fairly good racing quad just my $0.02

Old 06-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

I see what you're saying now. Aftermarket companies are making more and more parts for the dales now... it just takes a little time. Cannondale's sales needed (and still do need) to pick up a little more before the performance parts really start showing up. Trinity is working on the C-dale motors right now and I'm sure more will follow. It's just that, if the mods aren't in high demand, than they won't make them.

As far as potential goes, in motocross, the Dale is going to be a major contender in the next year or two. When the stock motor (not counting exhaust) will run right next to the VERY HIGHLY modded dirtbike, and 250R motors, it really says a lot. Now when you start seeing Dales bored out to a true 440, cam, EFI mods, head mods, etc., the Cannondales will flat out haul ***.

Old 06-15-2002, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

I think if we put those TOP Riders on a Cannondale they will start winning. Case in point is the Race Team of Trinity in SoCal. Their man Jeramy Schell won the four stock class out here at Glen Helan on a SPEED with stock motor, no internal mods.

Limited Mods, I don't understand that response. What is on the Cannondale that can't be modded? The only lacking thing is a HUGE BORE KIT/Strocker. Raptors can get a 770, Bombs get a 760. Cannons can go to 460. The class size is for 440cc's. Everything else that the others need to go fast has to be replaced. That isn't the same on the Cannons. Look at the motor. H-beam connecting rod, Race Cams, springs and retainers, JET on the fly tunability, and more.

The best riders go to those who have the money to support them. The money that supports them is from a sponser. If you sell Hondas, do you want your man on a Cannondale.

Just my thoughts.

Smitty

Old 06-15-2002, 08:07 PM
The Facility

Thanks for the link Eddie.

Old 06-15-2002, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not trying to bust you C-Dale owners nads I'm asking does the C-Dale motor have potential? I know the cams are already fairly radical and the compression is already high. I heard someone mention the possibility of a titanium valve kit but I'm clueless as to what kind of performance gain you would get from something like that. I can do basic maintenance and I understand how the engine works but I'm no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination. Would it be as easy to make a big-bore kit for the Dales as it is for the other quads? My mention of R&D was just that all the other quads have very similar engine technology so the developement of engine parts is very similar. With the Dales being very different technology and not being able to move as many units as the big companies wouldn't this make the market for buying these aftermarket parts a lot smaller? I really have no idea how any of this works that's why I'm asking for your guys opinions and engine knowledge.

Old 06-16-2002, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

No worries at least your asking questions instead of saying how poor the unit is.

Ti valves, you may not see any performance gain. They are lighter so the spring pressures can be reduced with less chance of valve float. They are very expensive as well.

The design of the motor looks modular to me IE The Transmission.

If you download the motor book from Cannondale you will notice that the cyclinder is slipped into the block and only has so much room in there. I wouldn't look for monster size cc anytime soon.

All this solicets me to ask How much power do you need to win that races you plan on entering? How much power does your current ride have? Are you winning or losing because of the power issue?

The MOTO is putting out around 41RWHP. You can port and polish the heads work on the mapping and pick up about 2-4 from that.

Smitty

Old 06-16-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Actually Smitty I have no intention of racing I'm just curious about hp and performance. SparkyEX is a close friend of mine and he has a Cannibal with the HMF pipe and moto map, +4 axle and carbon fiber rims, nerfs etc. I ride a stock 400ex that I'll probably only mod to about 30 - 32 hp in the future. I would have bought a Dale if I could have afforded it. SparkyEX is thinking about racing. We both read a lot and talk to people who race, own engine shops or are in this forum to help make better choices. I only brought up the hp question because I noticed that stock C-Dales have a ton of hp but modded they don't have as much as the other quads have when they're modded. I noticed C-Dale has landed on the podium a lot this year but not in the #1 spot. I wondered if the hp issue had something to do with it because I thought the guys riding C-Dales this year like Kory Ellis where supposed to be excellent riders. This is all based on my limited knowledge of course.

I also wondered if it would create problems if the top level riders all feel they need 50+ hp and a C-Dale wont do it. This is why I asked if the engine had limited potential since it already has radical cams and high compression as well as a high rev limit. If there isn't a lot of room to increase the bore and titanium valves don't increase performance what's left for a big boost? Will port + polish give you a big boost?

Quick Reply: Complete 2003 Cannondale Lineup