KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Race at WISP Ski Resort in MD

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I race round 9 of the GNCC's this past weekend at the WISP SKI resort. The resort is awesome, lots of nice people and tons of stuff to do. The course looked to be a real nice course that is until you got into the woods. You quickly found tons of rocks (big and small) so where boulder size. The laps were around 8 miles for the morning race. I quickly found out the rocks are no fun. Towards the end of the first lap I got a front flat. Changed both fronts do to the fact that the spares where the tires that came with the quad (remember that last part) and the others where razor. So after the tire changes I was off again. At About the 4 mile marker I had another front flat. So I was force to ride about 4 miles of the track with a front flat before I could change it with the razor that wasn't flat. So after 4 miles of running on a factory rim I made it to the pits and changed the tire. After this I was able to finish the 3rd and final with no problems. I would first like to thank my pit crew to do a great job to keep me racing. And second I would like to make a comment about those Darn factory rims that now look like someone beat the living crap out of them with a very large hammer (those rims sucks) I still can't figure out how the other one is hold air!! By the way I ended up finishing 22nd out of 28 or so in my class and 123rd out of 230 total. I'll try to post some pics of those sh!tty rims as soon as I get the film developed.

Old 07-01-2002, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

I went to the race to check it out. The 'dales in the afternoon looked pretty good to me. They were the fastest machines up the big hill, the one they wouldnt let the morning racers climb. What class did you race in? What type of machine?

Also do you happen to live by a 84 Components roof truss building plant??

Old 07-01-2002, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

I raced a speed in the 4-stroke stock class. I was bummed about not running the big hills. Oh well. I helped change tires on Jared Huffmans Blaze in the afternoon race (FYI he's #21 and pro production rider). By the end of his race he had 3 front flats, 2 rear flats, and rear rim that the bolt holes were screw up on. So that gives a total of 6 tires he had to have changed!! He still finished 12th in his class. So what did you think of the track from what you saw? All I know is it destroyed alot of tires and rims.

Old 07-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

I think it looked very good, from what I saw. Maybe if they race there again next year I will be in it.

Old 07-02-2002, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

I hope they have a race there next year, because I had alot of fun even though I didn't do that well. I'll like the idea of races at resorts.

Old 07-05-2002, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff
What class did you run? Whave you ran many of the GNCC's? I started racing them at Tenn. and plan on running the rest. That will give me a total of nine races this year. I race the stock 4-stroke class. Hope to see you at the next one.

Old 07-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff
I know of Adam, but I've never meet him. All I know is he is every fast and so is the other Howell boy. I might be given you guys at the quad shop a call about a second set of carbon fiber rims do to the fact I destroyed my factory rims at that national. I hope every thing works out with you getting a rided with cannondale. Goodluck with that. I'm currently trying to worked out a deal with a Eurodirt on some type of sponsorship on the new GAS GAS quad. I'll let everyone know the final details on the quad as soon as I find out. For now all I know is that the 300cc 2-stroke will cost $6995+ tax& title and I've been told it will be in the show rooms by the end of this month.

Old 07-09-2002, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff

No they are a dealer and as far as I know the only ones that will have the new quad since the old importer has a lawsuit against Gas Gas and is no longer getting their products. The new immporter is in Florida.

Daryl is the sales man I've been talking to about the quad at Eurodirt. He's located in Colorado. Phone # is 1-970-876-5277.

Gas Gas Usa is located in Kansas Phone # is 1-816-741-7615.

The person I have also talk to at the importer in Florida is Juan (sp) and the # there is 1-877-9-Gas Gas.

By the way I talked to Daryl last night about the quad and my resume I sent him. He said that he is looking over it and will get back to my in 2-3 weeks with the details on the price and possible sponsorship (cross your fingers for me). He also said the 300 2-stroke is do to release at the end of August and the 400 efi 4-stroke at the end of Sept-Nov.

Let me know if you get any details on these awesome quads and if you become a dealer. goodluck and I'll see you at the races.

Old 07-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

I'll be there.

One other thing here are the websites in case you don't have them.

Eurodirt: http://www.rof.net/yp/eurodirt/
Gas Gas in Spain: http://www.gasgasmotos.es/eng/frame.htm
Gas Gas Usa: http://www.gasgas.com/

Check out the one in Spain if you have not already. The specs and pictures are pretty awesome.
I can't wait to throw a leg over one of these quads.

Old 07-11-2002, 06:15 PM
Range Rover

Hey LT, they made me change my ID so here is my new one. Thanks for the GAS GAS links!

Quick Reply: Race at WISP Ski Resort in MD