KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Labor Day Four Stroke Wars at Silverlake! Who's in? I would understand if you C-Dales are afraid!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would the 686 do against a C'dale, well the tranny would grenade as you shift into second gear causing your axle to "taco" slapping your *** off the seat and sending you into orbit!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2002, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, all I'm saying is, it would be crazy to put that much money into a quad if all you do is drag race. I would have to get a little more excitement out of a quad if it had that much money put into it.

Don't get me wrong, the Raptors are good at going in a straight line. It's easy to pull alot of power out of a 660.

P.S. I'm not the one calling them Craptors... don't get mad at all of us dale riders for that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 07-10-2002, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

I don't just drag! I mx mostly but I also dune and trail ride!

Old 07-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Alljuice,

I was just having some fun with you. I likr to see you at Glamis on MLK. I'd like to see a raptor worth $17,000, How many gold bars can that thing carry?LOL

What on god's green earth did you do to it for $17,000? Sounds like a bad raptor though. Where are the pictures?

Smitty

Old 07-10-2002, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Whew... good to hear you're putting that quad to good use by racing MX. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2002, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

briansgi said,

What would the 686 do against a C'dale, well the tranny would grenade as you shift into second gear causing your axle to "taco" slapping your *** off the seat and sending you into orbit!!

That's pretty funny, BUT I have to step in here and give you (briansgi)
something to think about too. Yes, Juice came in here talkin a little smack and asked for the responses he got, but this one? Well?

Stand back a minute and think about what problems C-dale went through with thier first year quad (FX400). The picture isn't much different and the dales still have thier problem.

I own a motor modded Rap, because that's what "I" wanted. "I" like the dale and am currently considering purchasing one, not to replace my Rap, but as an addition to the family. I have had my fair share of problems with my 01 Rap just as the first year Dale owners have had. So before you speak, think about what you say. You (briansgi) might be the next c-dale owner to have your c-dale Crackandfail (if you own one that is).

One last item before I leave this bad conversation. The Rap does more then just go in a straight line (as you mentioned briansgi). No, it isn't the best at anything, but it does all of them well.

Swy

Old 07-11-2002, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you Swytak, .......... well said,... WELL SAID!!!!

OH AND ON ANOTHER NOTE AFTER I SMOKED TROUTS DALE... LATER THAT SAME DAY IT BLEW UP!!!
deep down inside u wish u had a raptor... jusy playin w/ ya, dales r coo

Old 07-11-2002, 03:57 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah those dales have a freakin hissy fit and puke out oil when they lose.

But saying that it blew up the same day you raced it.....isn't a good statement. That probably means something is wrong with it,if it blew up that day.

Old 07-11-2002, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

swytak, I never said the C'dales did not have their problems, especially their first year in production. But look how long Yamaha has been producing quads!! You would think with their long long track record with the Banshee, Blaster, Warrior, etc., etc., they would better test a new product before it went to market like the Raptor. Sure even with extensive testing you are probably still going to have problems, but you certainly expect the manufacturer to step up to the plate and resolve them, especially one as large as Yamaha. I had a Craptor, 2001 model, I had a kid on a Ricon bump my back wheel and it bent my axle, I could not believe how weak the axle was. The quad was still under the 6 month factory warranty and Yamaha would not warranty it!! I then bought my Cannibal and immediately sold the Craptor.

At least when there are problems with our C'dales, we don't have to worry about the manufacturer turning their backs to us!! Give me a US built quality product with a manufacturer which will stand behind that product even after the warranty is over any day over a Jap built quad with a manufacturer that doesn't give a crap about it's customers or it's product!! Those are simply the facts!!

Old 07-11-2002, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Brian,

I'm with you on this one. It's shamefull that a Company as large as YAMAHA with the YEARS of design and manufacturing behind them would sell unit and NOT fix them. Parts only, you pick up the labor, what a load. If that happened to me I would have parked my truck with it in the back of it right outside the Yamaha Facility, about a mile from my home with a BIG, Really Big sign on it. They have the money to fix it, they have the talent and ability to fix them, they DON'T have the desire.

Yea, Cannondale had some problems in it's first year, but it was their FIRST year. Here's what I think Cannondale is doing on the warrenty stuff. First off everything sold has a warrenty dollar attached to the sale price. Knowing that anything could happen to the bikes and quads they probably added $1,000 to the cost to cover it. If you sell 1000 quads you have a warrenty reserve of 1,000,000.00 dollars to handle the claims. Say half of the quads have problems, like chain slides. Cost for the paperwork, chain slide, shipping is 45.00 thats $22,500 and everyone is happy. Now say you have 25 motors that blow up (Remember this is an example) Each motor plus shipping and installation is $5,500. Thats another $137,500. Out of the Origanal warrenty Dollars we still have $840,000 to continue to handle claims. As time goes on and the quad has been debugged and the need for the warranty money is not as high than there may be a price reduction.

Is there some reason Yamaha didn't do this or are they just keeping the cash.

Just my thougt, I don't know what Cannondale is actually doing, but It's what I would have done.

Smitty

Quick Reply: Labor Day Four Stroke Wars at Silverlake! Who's in? I would understand if you C-Dales are afraid!