KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Riding pains

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 02:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The day after I ride, I find bruises on the inside of my knees, and they are tender ones! It's worse when I ride without riding pants- guess they have a little padding in the knees. I don't notice myself hitting the plastic when I'm riding, but apparently I am. Must be from holding on with my legs to keep those 432 fuel injected CC's under me!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm getting some 3/8" sticky-backed foam padding to put on the sides to hopefully ease the pain.

Anybody else experiencing this??

Old 08-03-2002, 10:35 PM
The Facility

Your story is all to familiar.

I and every other Cannondale owner that I have spoken to about it personally has also experienced this......especially after a hare scramble race.

After about 1 lap, my inner knees are trash for the next two weeks.

I hate to wear those bulky motocross knee pads, so i tried the soft foam pads that are made for soccer players. They help somewhat, but put your knees even further from the quad.

If Cannondale would narrow the quad up in that area by about 1" per side, I feel this problem will go away.

Not that the design is a problem, but a small quirk that make the ride a bit more enjoyable...........to me anyway.

Patrick

Old 08-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

We've got some prototype Moto "race" plastic that is a bit more narrow than the stock stuff where your knees set. Seems that team cannondale was testing this out. It's pretty rough looking if you look at it closely, you can tell it's prototype, very thin also.

Haven't spent enough time on it to know if it makes a difference though...

Old 08-04-2002, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

I used to get those bruises on the inside part of my knees every time I went riding. I finally had to start wearing knee pads. Problem solved. After you get used to the pads, they feel a lot better than the bruises.

Old 08-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I had the same problem but then I bought some knee/shin gaurds and it feels great now. The pads are a little bulky but once I got used to them, I don't even notice it anymore. Also, so far those pads have saved me from one knee injury during the race. When I had my last wreck, my knee was a little bruised and stiff and sore, so I would hate to imagine how they would have felt if I didn't have the gaurds on.