KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Was intrested in C'dale until i saw this frday night.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were at a fair race during practice i followed this guy on a C'dale to see what he was about..........he cased about a 40 ft double and when he hit i rolled three times......IT TOTALED the bike.......bent a arm frame subfram ripped the plastic off bent she shaft in the shock handle bars and steering stem were bent and bent the front rim...OUCH......man i bet hes sick after payin 13 big ones for that.....i dont have nothin against C'dale...i was just wandering if anyone else has saw something like this...

Old 08-25-2002, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

IMHO crashing is crashing I don't think anything was designed to be crashed. Anyone who goes to race or watch has seen terrible crashes where the quad was OK and terrible crashes where it was toasted. I'm Honda guy but may some day own a Dale and I've seen Hondas and Yamahas wrecked at the track I guess the secret is not to crash which is why this old man (33) watches instead of races lol.

Old 08-25-2002, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer

Im a honda guy too......but what made it different was he just rolled...he didnt wreck hard, i have rolled mine that hard and nothin that big happened......oh well

Old 08-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Casing a forty foot double and you don't expect any damage to any quad. It all depends on how it hits. I don't know of any other quad currently made that that wouldn't effect something on the quad. I saw Jeff Gordon run into a wall at 195 MPH, guess I'll never buy a Chevy. Gotta go sell the wifes Vette.

Smitty

Old 08-25-2002, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

our moto endoed at lorettas last week, all it did was break a tie rod end. you cant judge the dales off from 1 wreck ive seen some honda and yamahas come out of wrecks in pretty bad shape too. you need to hold off on your purchase of a dale for a while untill your doubts are gone. looks like right now you are just loking for things wrong with them.

Old 08-25-2002, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

Any quad is subceptable to damage. One may not have damage from the same type of crash as another, but many things can factor into this.

But facts are facts when it comes to Cannondales. For something that costs as much as they do, they do not hold up well. Some you guys may have this buried in your mind or something, but it's the truth. It's right in front of you. For as little ammount of sales, there seems to be a hell of a lot of problems with them. Electrical failures seem to be the biggest problem. Why does it matter how fast they are if they spend more time at the dealer than at the track??

A new Cannondale dealer was opened not far from where I live not long ago. He has sold a few and a few have shown up at the track. [Monster Mountain Park] But everyone who races one talks nothing but regret about buying one except for one guy who rides one that belongs to the dealership. [Wonder why?]

I hope that Cannondale gets their issues resolved because I would like to see an American made product up front in the races, but I think Polaris' Predator will make the grade before Cannondale does. They should have waited a bit longer in releasing them if they weren't tested...which is obvious they weren't.

Captain

Old 08-25-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Carl, i don't know how long you been hangin around here but you got the reliability thing WAY WRONG.
This is essentially the only active cannondale atv forum on the web and a great place to come when you have a problem. So maybe it seems to you that all cannondales have ALL these problems. Not so. It seems that problems/bugs with the 'dales run in cycles, with only a specific production range affected, mostly affected by the many different suppliers of OEM parts. There have been problems, but this is a 21st century quad. Not your daddy's tube frame and carb! I've been here for a year and a half and have seen many different problems reported and then shortly thereafter the fixes from Cannondale. With the big 4, you have to wait til next year, or next decade for a fix.How many honda forums are on the net? dozens! Each one FILLED with problems. Does that mean all honda's are junk?
As far as I can tell, no ATV holds up well when you ride the shat out of it!!!!!! I think you should put your money up on that first year poolaris sport quad and then we can come to your forum and listen to you cry.
Don't come on my board talkin crap [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2002, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Well said Ryanstones!

Old 08-25-2002, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

This one's for you Captain.

It ain't so much the things you don't know that get you
in trouble. It's the things you know that just ain't so.
-- Artimus Ward, 1834-1867

Old 08-25-2002, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

I have not had the first problem w/ my dale. I wrecked mine pretty hard ( put me in the hospital and on my back for over two weeks before I could stand on my own). And after the wreck, I put a new steering stem, straightened the axle (LSR) and new front plastic, and rear shock (which I'm waiting to see if they will warranty, I know that I wrecked it and I also bought a new shock because I knew it was my fault, but my Area dale rep said to send it in, because the shaft should not have pulled out anyway). I hit the start button and it fired right up and have not had a problem since.

Quick Reply: Was intrested in C'dale until i saw this frday night.........