KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Was intrested in C'dale until i saw this frday night.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Captain oh Captian, so much you don't know. You claim to see all these problems with the quad and nobody is happy and regret buying them. The only person I'm away of that was unhappy was Corndog. He bought a used bike out of warrenty, broke it, and Cannondale still fixed it for free.

I have yet to personnaly know anyone that has not thought the Cannondale made a great product and backs it up like no other in the industry.

Have there been problems, Yes. The bigger question is what did the Cannondale do to fix it? Everything in their power.

Suzuki Axles - some have been covered some not.
Yamaha Trannies and Starter Clutch - Little to no ceverage.
Honda, Poloris, Artic Cat, on and on have all had problems so to take a isolated problem and say everyone of the THOUSANDS SOLD have been poor is not true.

Please do some research before you talk trash.

It apears that you don't even own a quad.

So are you Captain of your dingy?

Smitty

Old 08-25-2002, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

Hey guys I'm sorry to report this but Recently got my 03 Speed and I have one major problem.

I can't get it in my front door to put it as the center piece in my dinning room cause it is THAT DAMM PRETTY!!!!!

Old 08-26-2002, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

captian just likes to stir sh-- up. yamaha really jumped out there and helped all the craptor guys when their tranny's were breaking and their carbs were falling off [ NOT ] i think capt lives on another planet, i havent met a dale owner that does'nt love his ride. i remember in another post captian said that he used to own or race a big bad 300ex [ play quad ] and he has the expertise to down the dales. my 02 is he's full of it and likes stirring crap up. my advise cap is go back to the honda forum.

Old 08-26-2002, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Good Gawd... Yep guys, thats right, my Cannondale is terrible because I broke a part of the subframe after I hit a triple, third gear pinned, landed on two wheels, and from what I hear, it started flippin down the track. I'm not sure though... I was sort of unconscious. For all I know, the double right after that triple (it's a rythm section) might have played a part in the brake as well. The part of the subframe that bolts up to the lower left side of the main frame broke completely through almost right through where the bolt goes through (hope that made sence). The last time my quad cart wheeled down the track, it actually bent my handle bars and wheel and broke my brake line!!! Gawd, I thought these things were supposed to take this kind of stuff!!!

LOL, I'm being sarcastic by the way... don't honestly think I'm downing my quad, cause it's the best quad I've ridden IMO.

Now that I think of it, I should be a Cannondale crash test dummy. I've got the crashes down... I keep on going, so I must have the dummy (or is that dumb ***?) part down, I ride a Dale, so the only thing I'm lacking, is getting paid for it.

I think I'm gonna "lay low" for a while. I'll just race the races in the 2 series that I'm in, and practice, but I'm only 17 and moving around like I'm about 97. My right foot is all blue and swollen, my back and right shoulder have some pretty good "road rash", and I had a headache for a few days after my last wreck. I haven't even raced a year and my injuries are already 1 broken collar bone, 1 broken nose, 2 sprained wrists, what ever I did to my foot (it really hurts), a broken wallet, and a concusion (sp?)... oh, and ofcourse, PLENTY of "road rash". Is this just a usual thing, or do I just wreck a lot?

Old 08-26-2002, 02:38 AM
Range Rover

You guys only defend Cannondale in this forum and when people are watching and listening. Those guys that i mentioned do the same thing, but not at the track when talking with other riders.

Whether or not this forum is the biggest doesn't matter. There are very few Cannondales out there and based on that, they have alot of problems. Just look at this forum board!!! Every night someone is having a problem. Do you know how many Raptors alone are sold each year?? Over 9,000 in 2001 alone. More than what cannondale would sell in 8 years based off of their sales numbers from last year. I worked at the Suzuki-Yamaha dealership in Birmingham from the early 1990s to just three years ago when i decided to open my own performance shop, so i know how the business works. I still do work from time to time with the dealership as well on weekends. I also have a team of 3 guys who race 250Rs locally here so I know what racing is all about. I'm not in the Pro ranks in a big way at all, nor do I impose that i am, but none of you guys here really know what the hell you are saying. It takes a bit more than a weekend drunken trail rifder or a back woods Joe racing local motocross to try and argue my point. So what if Cannondale fixes the problem?? It just happens again and again. I read these forums, so don't bother arguing that one. The only thing that I ASSUME is the fact that you guys stick together because you can't face the fact of admitting that you spent thousands of dollars for a machine that has a cool engine but poor reliabilty. Cannondale was near banrupt till two months ago. How long will this latest surge last?? The only way that the Cannondale image will recover is when you guys stop posting with all your problems. You know this as well. Everytime someone has a problem, you want it addressed in private messages or pretend that it doesn't exist by accusing the owner and not Cannondale. Don't attempt to deny this as a search will prove that I am right. Small timers racing MX and dune riding are hardly the kind of people that i would want to distribute my product. Also, it appears that a dealer is supplying a Moto to a 14 year old who isn't of age to ridse at all. Why does Cannondale allow this?? Because they are desperate thats why. Who else would you get to ride it but a kid who doesnt know any better. Once you guys wake up and when cannondale is broke, you will be the ones that have to explain themselves and not me.
I would love to see someone prove me wrong. If Cannondale is half of what you guys make them out to be, I will see a major championship from one of their quads in the next year. If not, the chepo quads will still outsell them due to their superiority at the track.

Captain

Old 08-26-2002, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

for your info the moto is ours now. drunken and back woods joes huh. well just to show you dont know what your talking about at lorettas last week cannondales took quite a few first through thirds. your so smart and cocky, you know so much more than someone like nacs that races cannondales and have so much bigger and better race team than they do. as far as my sons age you dont know him or his riding ability and are a jerk for judging him and not knowing him. you must not pay much attention to who is racing the tracks now days. we have a boy locally that races a $ 30,000 250r and he just turned 16, there is also another boy that races a bad 250r and drags a banshee that is 14 and the list goes on and on. im at the tracks every weekend and that crap about the cannondale guys just defending their quads here and putting them down at the track is a load of bull $hit. you rant and rave and write this big long post and dont have a clue what you are talking about. i'm done with you, your not worth me wasteing my time on. you got a rise out of the cannondale guys now now go play on somebody elses forum. we were just fine before you came along and everybody got along and respected each other and had sensible conversations. you come along first and tell us how we gonna pee on ourselves if we come to monster mountian and then you wanna trash talk our machines and then think we gonna take the crap off you . guess what we aint. have a good day capt. im done with you..hey guys best bet is ignore him and dont answer any more of his post and maybe he will get the message

Old 08-26-2002, 10:03 AM
The Facility

Don't worry guys, he has done the same thing in the Yamaha forum. He said that all members in the Yamaha and Honda forums are BS.

CAP'N CRUNCH
I go to Monster Mountain often ever since the track was open for business years ago. I would have remembered meeting someone like you. My offer to you in the Yamaha forum still stands. Just name the place.

A few of your points about the Cannondale company going bankrupt and that they have some reliability issues are true, but you are over-exagerrating the extent of it. It's no where near as bad as you make it out to be.

Old 08-26-2002, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

patrick
thanks for the words of wisdom. i apoligize to all [ except capt crunch ] for loosing my cool but i am tired of this guy trash talking when it is obivious he has no clue to what he is talking about.

Old 08-26-2002, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Wow Capt, your more arrogant than I thought. Cannondale is doing very well at the national level and at the local tracks.

Josh Pangallo (4-Stroke B) is leading the points in the GNC.
Out in Los Angeles Jeremy Schell wins both motos aboard his Trinity Racing Cannondale Speed.

Competing in the first race of the GNC TT series last month in Fort Dodge, Iowa, Jason dominated the competition and the 95-degree heat to take the win in the 4-stroke A class. Jason’s toughest competition came from Dustin Kramer of Bosic, Arkansas, who took second – also aboard a Cannondale. Not content with a single victory for the weekend, Jason also took first aboard his Moto 440 in the Production 4-stroke class.

Here's Nac's mid-season report:

SUMMARY STATISTICS FROM 2002 GNC & GNCC SERIES

GNC:

Nac's/Cannondale has compiled a remarkable record of 46 top-ten finishes in 54 individual motos.
This includes 15 wins and 25 podium finishes, with the only recorded DNF due to a crash.
Nate Leverenz, 6th ranked 250 A amateur from last season, is competing in the four-stroke A class and has compiled 12 top-ten finishes in 12 motos, with ten podiums and seven wins.
Mark Burns came out of semi-retirement to ride the Moto 440 and has 10 top-ten finishes in 10 motos in the 250 Pro Am class, including six podiums and three wins.
Together, both teammates also competed in the four-stroke Pro Am class and have combined 22 top-ten finishes in 24 motos, including five wins and nine podium appearances.
In the Pro Am classes these Cannondale riders have at one time or another finished ahead of several of the top pro riders in the country, including Jeremiah Jones (#1), Doug Gust (#4), Kory Ellis (#6), Jason Luburgh (#8), and Nathan Dallas (#10).

GNCC:

In the GNCC, team riders have combined for a total of eight top-ten finishes in 18 races with no DNF's.
Along the way they have finished ahead of many top pro cross country riders including Bill Balance (#1), Bradley Page (#3), Chris Borich (#5), and Curtis Crump (#8).
Combining both the GNC and GNCC totals, Team Nac's/Cannondale has 30 top-ten finishes in 46 races, with 13 podium appearances and five wins.

Any questions Capt??? *SMACK*

Old 08-26-2002, 11:07 AM
Range Rover

It's a sad day when you guys can't even admit when someone else is right.

<< Wow Capt, your more arrogant than I thought. Cannondale is doing very well at the national level and at the local tracks. >>

Well, you're more blind to reality than I thought.
There are about a half dozen of you guys who are obviously brainwashed into believing all this nonsense.
If someone wants to make a believer out of me, they can show up at the track and proove it to me. Only then will I come back and apologize. Which is what i will do if it happens.......but it wont happen.

I am through with the topic.

Quick Reply: Was intrested in C'dale until i saw this frday night.........