KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

update from Monster Mountain.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a call from MarkVette from Monster Mountain after his son Josh
raced the first moto.Josh took 1st place.Another one of our local racers was in second untill he landed on a laper and finished 4th.

I guss they didn't pee in there pants after all.

Mark will fill us in more when they get back.

Thats AWSOME Josh!You are the man.

Old 09-01-2002, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Got the results from the 2nd moto.

Josh took 1st place.

Mark said to tell Capt...... that he peed in his pants all the way to 1st place,lol.

Old 09-02-2002, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider

ok its 2 am and we just got home . josh said it best on the way home " we went we conqured and we came home " josh pulled the holeshot both motos and the only quad that ran with him was another rider from here. i guess thy race different in alabama DIRTY. they double gated the 2 and 4 stroke quads. they let the 2 strokes go first and then the 4. josh leads for 2 and a half laps with jason right on his bumper trying to pass, josh comes up on a 2 stroke quad running dead last in his class. josh passes on a jump and jumps on the 2 stroke but gets away clean.the two stroke goes down and jason jumps on top of him. jason gets back on his quad and finishes fourth with josh winning. i go over to jasons trailer after the race to make sure he's all right. the 2 stroke rider is talking to jason and bragging on how he tried to block the cannondale for him. [ he dont know who i am ] i ask him why he would block a first place rider that wasnt even in his class and why he didnt move over and let josh by. i failed to mention that he also said he moved over in font of josh on the jump to try and block. he gets all pissed off and tells me my son is dangerous on the track. i cant figure this out. he blocks a rider thats not even in his class, gets jumped on twice and knocks the second place rider out of his second place finish and breaks one of his a-arms and tells me my son is dangerous on the track. as far as im concerned he ought to be banned from the track. racing is racing and sometimes you get tangled up but to purposely do something like this is iggorant and stupid. anyway second moto josh pulls a big holeshot wih jason behind him again and thats the way they finished josh 1 and jason 2. josh did about pi$$ on himself though.........CARRYING THAT BIG FIRST PLACE TROPHY TO THE TRUCK. so cap if your reading this all i got to say is we came to race and race we did and your riders are no different than any others, they can be beat too. oh ill post later and tell ya'll about the mysterious flat tire we got. aired it back up and now 6 hours later it aint lost a bit of air. later guys. ..Cannondale 1 and 1, monster mountian 0

Old 09-02-2002, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Good job guys. I'm glad to see ya come out on top. Let's see how much of a man the Capt. is now.....

Old 09-02-2002, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

My hats off to Josh and Jason.
To bad nobody got a picture of the Capt at what ever track he lost at.

Smitty

Old 09-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

How the flat tire happend is a mystery scooby doo can't figure out.

Old 09-02-2002, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Graet job josh. Give them hell[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2002, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

Well, I see that you guys had a good weekend at the track.

We were going to race that track, but one of my sons has been going in circles this week about where he wants to race. One of them went with me to Huntsville for a Mid South race while the other stayed to WATCH the race at Monster Mountain.

Most of the local Pros were at huntsville and my son said that there was not a big turnout at Monster Mountain like they had expected.

Oh....As far as landing on the other guy is concerned...Why is that your boy jumped on him in the first place? Sounds like he just does whatever is possible to win the race to me whether the guy was in class or not. He DOES seem dangerous. Good thing we weren't racing there.

<< i guess thy race different in alabama DIRTY >>

Did you not know that there are several Alabama riders on this site that might take offense to such a stupid remark??

Come back again when a MidSouth doesn't conflict with it and all the local pros are there.

Old 09-02-2002, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Cap
I was going to stay out of this little b fest you started, but last I checked I was told that if a faster rider that is not in your class is trying to pass to let him around clean so nobody gets hurt. I guess the slow rider is very inexperiencecd, I hope he learns before he gets hurt or even worst hurts someone else. Other thing about the comment of

<< Sounds like he just does whatever is possible to win the race to me whether the guy was in class or not. >>

The last I checked that's what all the big name pros do. If your not willing to lay it all out to win, if tough to beat the guy that does. And about being dangerous last I check this sport was dangerous and I agree with most of the other people that the slow guy is the dangerous one. Plus, is Josh your kid? What do you tell yoour kids about racing? What would you want your kids to do in that situtation? I don't see you slaming Cannondale now after one goes 1 &amp; 1 on your home turf. What are you a Jap. lover and love to slam American Products, well it sounds like the American product kick some Jap A$$. I know, none of the fast guys where there so the cannondale guys where just handed the first place trophy. You know what I think, I think the fast guys where scare to show up do to the hype you put on them and the fact that some real compition was going to be there. I don't what start a flame war or anythin, I'll just tried of people slamming different quads, there all good, it mostly comes down to the rider and mechanic.

Old 09-02-2002, 07:01 PM
Range Rover

Said perfectly!

Quick Reply: update from Monster Mountain.